Don't know how to say this but.....

This is very humiliating, but, has anyone else ever had any bed wetting experiences since their SAH? Yikes I feel so embarrassed, but I had the SAH in May, and this has happened 4 times since then. Am going to talk to my Dr about it. I am dreaming and I instantly wake up, but too late. This really bothers me an I am so ashamed....

Hi, I have not had this happen but .....? Of course you should talk to your Dr. but are you on any medications that can cause this deep sleep? Or are you menopausal? I had a hysterectomy at age 30 but when I had my SAH my gyno pulled me down to a low dose of estrogen.

MaryB

When I had the SAH, my period left as well. I am 50 so I guess I hit menopause as the same time. I take neurontin as well. This is so upsetting as I am dreaming and wake up instantly, I do not completely wet the bed, just a small "dribble", but it freaks me out! Have an Md appointment tomorrow and feel like a train wreck.

I don't wet the bed, but I have urgent urges during the day sometimes and then other times I don't go for hours and then realize that maybe I should go? I also have issues with #2 - organizing pushing with sphincters. This used to upset me to no end, but now I've grown to know that even though it is not typical...it still is happening to me and it has become my new way for now. If you wet the bed, buy that crazy mattress cover that I have always used for my allergies...it is plastic and spares me from dust and it would protect the mattress if you have an accident. You don't have to worry about it...it is your way for the moment. Today. Maybe not tomorrow, but who knows? Only your body does. Don't judge it. Let it happen as your body heals.

~Kris

MC, If you lost your peiord as well that sudden drop in your hormones may be to blame! Either way go with the matress pad Kris speaks of! I had a drop of my bladder a 4 years ago-I had to get one of the "slings" that Lawyers constantly advertise on TV now about failure & needing a lawyer about! Hopefully you are ok and the Doctor will fix you up. I know no one wants to potty the bed but i have friends doing the diapers for a few years now. Good luck .mb

thank you for all being to sweet and supportive. I went to my MD and he thinks they are nighttime seizures. Ugh, one more wonderful thing! So he started me on topamax, as I was getting horrific migraines, (which was the reason for my visit). I was crying my eyes out, he has know me for 18 years and I have never lost it like this. He is the 4th MD to recommend Topamax, so I guess I will start it. I just got so freaked out, as my health has been perfect until my SAH in May. I am a nurse and am used to giving, not taking. I am used to always being strong and everyone elses advocate. The bed wetting thing makes me feel like a train wreck. I also am back to work full time in the 2nd busiest ER in the states, and work 3pm to 3:30am. (the fun never ends) I just hope my health can hang on. I have 3 kids as well, and was in school for my Nurse Practitioner, which will have to wait for now.

Oh you poor thing so much on your plate. Funny some meds I was recommended I did not take until someone here was prescribed them as well. My doctor visits always starts with I take too much medication and ends with them trying to give me more.

I do not know how to start a new paragraph on my I phone. I work for a small animal vet and I would like that job at the hospital where that lady pushing the big broom in main halls all day. Do you know if they

Make a lot of money? Lol.

Anyway you still sound like you are doing great maryb

You have so much going on. You are dealing with headaches, anxiety over leaking in bed, bringing up 3 kids and working an incredibly demanding full time job. You might not feel like you're the strong one just now but take a step back - look at how much you are doing after a brain injury!! It takes enormous strength & determination to be where you are today.

Michelle x

I was so out of it after my SAH that I was in cuckooland, always wet myself but never knew I had.

Once I had shunt fitted and memory came back and peeing stopped -okay shhh do not tell the men lol. Tena moments we all get them!l

My sister laughs and does a wee.

Keep smiling and do pelvic things as Marythewiseone said "all will be well"

Good Luck

WinB143 xxxx

I am back with some more advice lie on the floor on your back feet flat to floor stretch one leg out at a time straight and off the floor hold it for ten seconds slowly put it back then the other leg if you cannot hold for ten seconds at first do it as long as you can repeat 5 times with both legs. Build it up until you can hold them for 60 seconds it will strengthen your back and also your pelvic muscles I asked my Dr for you he is all into physio. If I can be of anymore help just let me know. Jess.xxx