Hi all new year new start thats what I say! Hope you all had a happy new year. I just wondered what the situation was after a bleed with pregnancy? Not that I am pregnant but one day I would have liked a brother or sister for my son but unsure of the risks. I know lin had a baby following sah did anyone else? I was never told from the dr about possible risks etc. My bleed was a spontaneous non traumatic ich with no cause so blood in the brain not a sah! I just thought dr should have warned me about pregnancy! Ill have a word next time I go to hospital but has anyone got any advice? Bev x x

Hi Bev, I think but am NOT absolutely sure, that the pregnancy & labour risks are due to unruptured anneurysms? Due to the chance of raised blood pressure in pregnancy & the strain of pushing in labour putting further pressure on them. The obvious problem of child birth after any brain injury would be the fatigue problems coupled with looking after a young baby. I don't think anyone would say that it would be easy?

Your doctor will be able to advise you better when you next chat to him/her about any bleed risks involved. Good luck.

Michelle x

I

Hi Bev, I think but am NOT absolutely sure, that the pregnancy & labour risks are due to unruptured anneurysms? Due to the chance of raised blood pressure in pregnancy & the strain of pushing in labour putting further pressure on them. The obvious problem of child birth after any brain injury would be the fatigue problems coupled with looking after a young baby. I don't think anyone would say that it would be easy?

Your doctor will be able to advise you better when you next chat to him/her about any bleed risks involved. Good luck.

Michelle x

Yeah, looking after my soon to be 3 year old has been hard hard work with my constant tiredness, so having a new born baby would be extra hard! I suppose i was just thinking ahead and trying to get back to 'normal' as if my brain hadnt blown up, we would defs been trying for a baby by now! The Dr's have had no answers so far so i bet they wouldnt be able to give me an answer either way, apart from probs being high risk!

Ill see what others say, i dont know if i am any different as i had an spontaneous intracerebral hemorrhage- i believe that this is just a different area of my brain - & they never found the cause or an unruptured anneurysm etc

I dont know, ill see what they say and what happens!-i hoped i could carry on as normal but maybe not!

xx

I think SAH is a bleed around the surface of the brain (in the membranes that surround it) rather than a bleed within the brain (which is what I think you're saying you had)? There will be far more informed people on here than me!!

Never give up hope Bev. You may well get very much better than you feel right now, there may be no related risks to a further pregnancy and you will get the green light to go ahead as soon as you like :biggrin:

Lin-Lin has said that she has been very lucky to have a lot of family support with her new baby & that may be something that you have too?

Lovely to have these plans, hopes & dreams for the future, and thinking of them is probably just the boost you need to make the start of a new year a more positive, happy time :biggrin:

Michelle x

Thanks chick!

Yeah a lovely spontaneous ICH is what i had - not sah. It seems that most people on here had a sah! I presume that its just the area in which the bleed happened!

Its just ridiculous the amount of info we dont get given on these things! Its like we are just turfed out of hospital and are just expected to get on with it with little or no help or info! no wonder so many of us are left with anziety, depression and ptsd!

i am feeling a bit lost tonight! Have enjoyed a week with Andy my partner at home to help out and he is back to work tomorrow and ill miss him being around as much! sounds silly!

Yeah fingers crossed they will say go ahead, i suppose they will just monitor me more (if i ever do become pregnant)

xxx

Bev,

I just wanted to chime in because I had one son and he is no worse for not having a sibling. I always thought about having more, but the timing was never right so... Anyway, your son wont miss out on anything if he doesn't have a sibling because you can't miss what you never had.

~Kris

Hi kris thanks for your reply! Its always nice to hear peoples opinion on stuff I was always worried about my son being on his own he is 3 in in a few days! But its its not ment to be its just not. I just thought it would be nice so he is not on his own but dr may never know what pregnancy will do to me so would rather be here to watch him grow up than struggle to have a baby not to mention the stress and sleepless nights! Pregnancy puts a lot of stress on our bodies! As for my ich no wonder I feel terrible with blood spilling on my brain. I am trying to focus on my wedding in sept now I seem to always need something to focus on or tend to get down. X x