Hello from Sarah

gateford

I was sat in my office at work 10th Dec 2012 the strangest sensation followed by an all mighty headache. I staggered out my office was violently sick. All I did as soon as I got home was sleep. The next day the headache did not go or get any better, my neck was now painful, eyes painful to touch and painful to look far left and right. The antibiotics the doctor prescribed for what he said was an infection were making no difference and now I wore a flight eye mask as I could not stand the light.

My Mum called the doctor for a home visit who sent me straight to hospital. The first 24hrs was horrific! Although as soon as I arrived they said I needed a scan and a lumber puncture they did nothing, no scan, no pain relief! Strangely, after the scan I was transported to high dependency at Sheffield. Now things were moving! Further scans showed two aneurysms the one that had burst on the right and another on the left. My first coiling was 17th Dec and what a difference!

My second coiling was 13th Feb and I am still waiting for a consultants appointment to find out when I can drive, go back to the gym and think about work… I know I am not ready yet due to the extreme tiredness, shooting pains in my head, and headaches.

Hi Sarah,

A warm welcome to BTG. It seems we have a few things in common, in that I have two aneurysms and I was also treated/coiled in Sheffield - my sah was not picked up at first either and we even share the same name!

In terms of recovery, you are still in the early stages and it can take some considerable time before full normality returns.

I'm sure you will find lots to read on here of other people's experiences which gives a good insight as to what can be expected as you continue to recover - although no two peoples recoveries are identical. The extreme tiredness and headaches are very common though.

Wishing you all the best

Sarah

Hi Sarah, welcome to the site. Sorry you had a reason to join but I hope that it helps you in the coming months.

Early days so take it very easy as much as you can.

Driving...well I would apply now to the DVLA , it'll take them a while to get their act sorted but the general guidelines are 6 months after coiling you can drive again.

Exercising I think has to be governed by how you feel, I wold probably avoid any mega energetic but I am swimming again now and other members do a variety of exercise.

So take are, drop by the green room for a general chat, anyone can join in that, and ask anything that's bothering you. Someone here will respond with a shared experience.

Hi Sarah,

Hope you feel better soon, never give up, it is a long haul and I remember bathing head in salt water as it itched like

mad.

Things do get better but it takes a while so look back in 3 to 4 weeks see if you have improved.

Bet you have xx

Be Well

WinB143 xx xx

If worried always see Doc, as stress isn't good for us xx

Edited by Winb143

Welcome Gateford, I was also treated at RHH Sheffield but 9 years ago. I suspect from the forum name and area you live close to where my mother lived and I worked at a school in the area until my SAH. I have lots of friends and relatives who live round there. Is it the newer houses?

Welcome,

Sorry that you had to go through this but happy you found BTG so early on. I will repeat you are still in every early stages and when I think back to those i was thinking how come I thought I was goign to be working in 3 weeks?? Drink your water, get fresh air and rest as much as you need. This recovery is not like a broken arm or such you cannot rush it and feel free to stop by often as you can to let us know how you are doing!

Good luck ,mary

I am on eof the lucky ones that returned to work as a phase return after 5 months. I am not perfect and I wear down as the days goes along but i have worked hard on some problem solving and some stop wasting my energy on people and stuff that does not deserve it. I have assorted health issues but I keep on trucking along. I will say I thought once a year passed I was as good as I was going to get but I still could see improvement. I think it is really tough to return to work ( us in USA have to carry our health insurance often through work so we do not really get much choice) but even the ones that volunteering feel it helps & I think using your brain (LATER ON) on ways other than home life helps in recovery if that is a possiblity. maryb