New to the site

Jude

Hello. My names Jude and I suffered a SAH on Independance day in 2010. Much to my dismay I had two aneurysms and only one could be coiled. According to the Surgeon I would have popped my clogs at worst or ended up being speechless and paralised down one side! Now I have to cope with the knowledge that I could die any time. Not a wonderful thought but I try to be stoical and get on with life. I find myself getting very annoyed when people are whinging and complaining about the stupidest of things. I never really air these thoughts as I am unconfrontational at all times. I am sure many others who have suffered feel the same. We need to put things into prospective I think!

I am hoping that over time I will be able to converse with other sufferers. I have felt very isolated since it happened. Nobody understands and I feel because it was 3 years ago I should be totally fine.....well guess what...I am not!! Dizzy all the time when moving. Memory failing. Tired easily etc etc etc. One thing this has taught me though...live life to the full whenever you can. Life is so precious and we are all so vulnerable...even if we dont realise it!:-D

Hi Jude, warm welcome to the site so glad you found us.

Yes people winging about their stuff can annoy you your not alone there believe me.

3yrs eh! you'll find others here like myself know that as time goes on people assume your back to normal & when you say NO they think your milking it well guess what your not its a brain injury not a bone injury you have..

Good on you learning that life is presious.

Think maybe you should see if you can get councelling to talk with someone - it helps a lot your GP & Headway are a good place to start.

hope to hear from you again, take care

Hi Louise. Thanks for replying. I have read about the existance of Headway but know nothing about it. Up to date I have had nobody to talk to. Nobody understands about the condition and it's effects it has. I personally never milk the situation. All I want to do is get on with life and enjoy every breath I take. I have a life threatening condition and that is that!! No amount of moaning will make it go away. I joke about it sometimes and people don't appreciate the strange humor. I find it helps! Will stay in contact and always reply. Hoping I get it right!

Hi Jude

Warm welcome to the site. It's a very comforting place here as people just get it. They know the everyday struggle, the disjointed feeling, the spacy Dizzyness that just envelops you and sometimes that understanding is all you need. Here we receive acceptance and appreciation of the effort we put into the business of living.

I guess we all got that gift of knowing the fragility and preciousness of this life, that's the gift it does bring right? I hope they have you on BP tablets to minimise the risk of the second anni as much as they can but as you say, live life to the full, that's got to be the best medicine.

Daff x

Welcome to BTG, Jude. It's great that you've found it... so many people on here who know exactly what you're going through, how you're feeling, because they've been through it too, and are living it.

You'll find much support with others and tons of great information. It is a shame that we aren't given much information or help following the SAHs, but good there are sites like these to come to.

Keep coming back here, join in on the Green Room and discussions. We're a friendly bunch and are all

just here to support one another.

Hope to hear more from you,

Carolyn

Jude, was like that for me too I joked and people thought I was weird but if you can laugh at yourself then thats a good thing I've been told.

Good job you found this site because we understand hun...

Your doing great.

all just now take care

Jude,

After I had SAH I jut could not take what I call moaning stories.

I needed happiness in my life and was a bit harsh when people would moan about others.

I told my family the surgeon said I need happiness all around me (He never )

But so I wouldn't hear them going on about people and moaning about how hard it was for them. I say "Excuse me I have drill holes in my head and cannot walk properly yet. "

It worked so well for me I now believe it lol

Good luck

WinB143 xx

left b out in about

Edited by Winb143

Welcome to BTG, Jude. It's great that you've found it... so many people on here who know exactly what you're going through, how you're feeling, because they've been through it too, and are living it.

You'll find much support with others and tons of great information. It is a shame that we aren't given much information or help following the SAHs, but good there are sites like these to come to.

Keep coming back here, join in on the Green Room and discussions. We're a friendly bunch and are all

just here to support one another.

Hope to hear more from you,

Carolyn

totally agree I am new to here and already found it a great help not having to explain myself to any one is wonderfull