Hot Tubs & Roller Coasters?

Ok this might be a dumb questions, but are we allowed to soak in hot tubs or do they raise pressures too much? And what about Roller Coasters? I promised my 7 year old that I would take him on this year since he is finally old enough and tall enough.

Hi there

Cant answer the second about the Roller Coasters in my case my head wouldnt allow for that, some docs say Yes some say NO.

No not a dumb question at all, I found that as time passed I was able to raise the heat.

See if you can get someone else to go on the Roller Coaster with your son.

Take care

Louise.x

Hey there

I'm nine months post SAH and when I saw my Neuro guy three months on he said that I could go on any rollercoaster i wanted to. Both of my aneurysms have been coiled and there is no sign of compacting. Everyone is different though.

As for hot tubs, I can't see them being a problem. Soaking in a nice hot bath after my SAH helped reduce my stress levels. Last night for the first time since my SAH, my hubby gave me my post bath massage - he always used to give me a massage after my bath but I waited for the all clear from the Neuro guy and this is the frst opportunity we had as Paul has been working so late most nights.

I nice relaxing bath with some lovely aromatherpay.

Away for a de caff now

Sami xxx

Guest goldie

I agree, the hot tub doesn't seem so bad...I'm not sure about the Roller Coaster..but, I don't like heights, so that's out of the question for me any how...hope your doctor says it's ok for you to go on one....take care Cindy

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Hannah

Hi, I don't know about roller coasters but my mum has been told that she's not allowed to use the hot tub or sauna when we go swimming for a year or so. I asked why and the Doctor told me that the brain often doesn't regulate temperature very well after an SAH so it could be dangerous. I suppose this makes sense when you read some of the posts on here about feeling colder etc after the event.

Take care

Hannahx

Hey Hannah

Can agree with the sauna thing - I've definitely noticed that I can't regulate my body temperature anymore. Paul still runs my baths for me and gets them to temperature that he knows I had before - think I'd end up scalding myself otherwise.

Sami xxx

As I am always cold, I get the bath water as near to poaching as possible. The body temperature thing has been exacerbated by the weight loss, although I don't believe that is the whole story as I was cold even when extremely fluffy. Joanxx

• 6 months later...

Sorry ain't been on for a while pregnant then the baby arriving sept then him being took into hospital for a week but anyhow my ns said yes i could go on rollercoasters and have been on the shockwave at drayton manor to name one, didn't like em b4 sah though love them now they r great. Jess