Hello Everyone

Blondie

Hiya, I've just joined the group today.

I had a SAH in October 2004 from a ruptured aneurysm, which was coiled. I was later found to have a 2nd aneurysm, which has also been coiled.

I've been very very lucky all along and have had some really positive experiences. I do sometimes feel isolated though, and am looking forward to talking with people who know what it's all about.

Best wishes to all,

Blondie

Hi Blondie-welcome to the site.

I had an SAH in Nov 2004 but no cause found.

Are you from the uk?

You will meet some great people on this site who will be interested to share experiences and many others who will be happy to learn from yours..so to kick off-I am interested to hear of the positive things you have experienced..

best wishes

Andy P

Hi Andy - thanks for that. Yes, I am from the UK.

Everything seemed to go as well as it could, all along - a friend took me to the RUH hospital in Bath, and the A&E doc suggested it was a bleed almost immediately. I was taken to Frenchay in Bristol, and the surgery and my subsequent recovery went brilliantly. Even the 2nd coiling was fine.

It made me give up smoking! In hospital I said to the ward sister that I guessed I'd given up as I hadn't smoked for 8 days. She explained the effect smoking has on the arteries and circulation, and told me I could never smoke again - I'm really grateful to her as it got the message home.

I realised that I had a great support network, and some amazing friends. Kind wishes and support from unexpected quarters. My then boyf and I re-discovered our feelings for each other, and because of his work he was able to look after me full-time for 3 months. I felt very nurtured.

I've changed as a person too - I'm more laid back, more tolerant - less snappy. I think I like the new me a lot more! I try and remember to focus on the important stuff, like enjoying my life - I took up horse-riding, after years of saying I couldn't afford it, and I spend time drawing and painting - or just lazing about and enjoying it!

They're all positives I've taken from the experience. Don't get me wrong, there are the lows too, and I have my bad days - don't we all?! But deep down I know I'm lucky - I survived... :wink:

What about yourself Andy?

Blondie

Hi and welcome.......

Strange that you say you've become more laid back about everything because that's exactly how I feel I've become......Others tho tell me a different story. Apparently I've become a lot less tolerant of all sorts of things even tho I don't think so. Still don't worry about "stuff" you can express yourself to your hearts content on here!

Scott

Hi and welcome to the site! :D

I definetly don't get so stressed now.....I've always been quite laid back anyway....so I'm even more laid back now .... I also don't plan too much and tend to take each days as it comes, probably, that's how I've coped with my recovery .... think that my husband gets quite annoyed about it, but my brain doesn't let me think too far ahead.

I had a probable warning bleed 4 years prior to this SAH, so I sort of re-thought my life and changed then....this time around, I'm afraid that I realise that you can't map your life out and you just have to enjoy each day.

My story, Scott and Andy P's, should be on the homepage of the site, if you want some background.

Hope that you won't feel isolated any more....there's a good friendly bunch on the site that will support you if you need it.

Do you still work?

We always have a chat in the Green Room if you ever fancy joining us....it's quite surprising how quickly that you get to know the different personalities..... I think that we're quite a diverse and colourful bunch... :lol:

Hi Karen - thanks for the welcome!

I've just seen Scott's story, I'll look out for yours and Andy P's too. I've had a quick trawl through the posts - it's great to know I'm about the same as everyone else (well, aside from the fact I wish none of us had been through this) - sometimes I feel people think I'm putting it on when I'm tired etc.

I do still work full-time, though I do find it hard sometimes, and I really look forward to Friday nights and finishing work for the week!

Looking forward to getting to know you all better.

Hi,

Before you read my story....I would suggest a nice mug or glass of something with some nibbles .... I'm a big waffler, as you'll find out .... I should really condense my story, but kept adding to it at different stages....so the very best of luck .... it sort of turned into an epic volume..... if you fall asleep whilst reading it, I won't hold it against you! :lol:

It's good to know that you been able to return to work .... but, yes, I bet you are glad when Friday comes around.

Hi blondie,

Welcome and I'm sure you'll love the site, it's a great support and good to be able to speak with people who know where you're coming from!

I think I'm probably more chilled than I used to be, an experience like this alters your perception hugely and hopefully for the better. :)

Vic x

Hello Blondie

Good to hear from you. I'm undoubtly less stressed but extremely quick tempered now. Think depends how much of squeeze our brains got. Glad they got you in quite quick thats good news. Isolation and lack of understanding in the real world is tough, but this virtual one bolsters me everyday. We are indeed a diverse bunch, but that makes for good craic. :lol:

You take it easy and we looking forward to hearing more from you.

Aine xox

Thanks for the lovely welcome everyone.

I read your story last night Karen, it reminded me once again how lucky I was to be diagnosed and treated so speedily.

I'm always up for the craic Aine ;) I think I'm not so snappy because I'm just that little bit slower nowadays tbh.

I've had a great time reading a lot of the posts, although it does make me want to put a sign up at work to remind the others to bear with me.

Blondie x

Hi Blondie,

welcome to the site (sorry it's belated!)

I had a SAH with no known cause on 31st December 2006, even though I don't interact on this site consistently, I have found it to be invaluable to me! The people on here are ace, non judgemental, very helpful and very friendly......what more can I say!

Speakto you soon!

Love Suexx

Hi Blondie

Sorry for the late welcome but I wasn't at work on Friday and I'm only normally on here when I'm at work.

This site has been an invaluable source of support and comfort to me and I know that I've made some life long friends. I hope that you gain the same from us all.

Love Sami xxx

Thanks Karen, I'm *loving* the site. I've read just about everything - feel like I know all of you, but only cause I've spied... :shock:

Also, I've replied to so many posts that my message count looks like I'm spamming!

Joking aside, it has been fantastic to know you all understand. And everyone has been so welcoming, I feel like I've been coming here forever.

Blondie x