Unruptured aneurysm

Four weeks ago I was diagnosed with an 8x7 aneurysm. I am waiting to have it coiled or clipped however headaches persists day and night. Doctor said they are migraines. Are these symptoms prior to a rupture cause I fear this may happen before it is coiled?

Edited by Tina

Hannah, I had no headaches other than the occasional one before my SAH. So I guess I am trying to reassure you that sometimes a headache is just a headache and not a sign of bad things but it's hard to ignore especially when you know you have something going on in there that needs sorting.

I think Go back and speak to the doctors , explain the worry and waiting is incredibly hard , explain again about the headaches and ask them to help you with that. See what they suggest. Every head twinge for me post Bleed I thought dreadful things and I imagine it's the same knowing in advance that you have the Annie, you think, ' what if' all the time. . There are no guarantees for Any of us, sometimes you just have to trust and hope it will be ok. I hope your headaches ease a little and that you see your surgeon soon.

Hi Hannah,

Just wanted to wish you all the best for Wednesday.

I have an unruptured aneurysm which has been monitored for the past 5 years, but I don't have headaches and neither did I before my other one ruptured. Headaches are very debilitating and it would be interesting to hear whether they do in fact improve for you following the op.

Good luck and look forward to hearing from you in due course,

Take care,

Sarah

Hannah mine was unruptured too. Mine did suddenly increase in size and for the 6 weeks before I was clipped I was in a lot of pain. I remember waking up after the clipping and apart from feeling sore the pain in my head had gone

I will be thinking of you on Wednesday. X