Are you a Carer? ..... if so, please join us...

Karen

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Laurie,

Long time no speak!!! Hope that you are well, that Michael is recovering and the break did you good.

I have been busy with media stuff again and will actually be glad when things die down again.

Keep your chin up and I will catch you online soon.

Andy

• 5 weeks later...
Guest michael's girl

Well there has been so much going on since I have last posted on here. Can u all forgive me not coming in much, I hope no one thinks I'm rude but we r trying to get Michael home for xmas so I have had alot of stuff to sort out. Myself and the kids have been moving rooms around which has taken longer then we thought and then visiting also so its been a very busy time but now the house is wheelchair friendly and we have loads of room and our bedroom is on the ground floor now which will make things easier. I will try to come in and do a few postings and let u know of his progress in the week. Wow! hes also on a soft diet now which is kool.

I hope everyone is well and I'm sure u are all very busy also, my love and huggs to u all x x x x x x o o o o oo o oo o o

Hey there

No need to apologise for not being on here - just glad that things are moving forward for you. Good news that Michael is eating more and that he'll be coming home soon.

You concentrate on getting Michael sorted and pop in when you can to keep us updated.

Take care

Sami xxx

Guest michael's girl

We have to have a test drive weekend so to speak, in the bungalow on rehab site if all goes well we will be able to have him home then for xmas... It will be the best xmas pressie I could ever have. lots of huggs to u all xxxxxxxx laurie, now I' m off to bed!

Guest michael's girl

Plz send possitive vibes, we will be spending the weekend in a bungalow on rehab site with michael and all the family, if all goes well they will let him home for xmas for a week or so. im so excited and looking forward to it as all the family are even the dog.

lots of love and huggs to u all x x x x x x xooooooo laurie

Hi there

Postive vibes your way........................ :roll: there.

My first weekend home was brill, really helped, seeing familiar things that I didnt think I'd reconize, I've never heard of an on site bungelow but sounds great.

Take care

Louise.xx

• 1 month later...
Guest michael's girl

well where do we begin, first an appology for not being back for ages, ran around like mad trying to get all things sorted for xmas and mike coming home. hes now on 3 meals a day would eat a normal diet most times but, its not always me who feeds him.

hes getting smaller movements back in his hands and nothing in his legs yet but time will tell. and trys to lift arm up to try to feed himself. i have had alot more time of to work on costumes for a foto shoot. so omg i have had independence... i also realized when he does come home we will need more help. we r getting maried soon also but we have had a litle hassels with that which is sad but nothing we cant cope with. i have just almost finished these costumes now and wedding dress. i am shattered but i will be back to chat again. i hope all r well. i have missed u all.

laurie x x x x

Hi Laurie

Its good to hear that Michael is doing so well it must be great seeing each small improvement he makes. Don't apologise for not coming on very often we all realise that you have so much to do.

Its nice to hear that you are manging to get some work done now as well it must be very hard for you caring for Michael looking after the children and trying to find time for yourself I'm just glad that you seem to be managing it.

You said that you're making your wedding dress whens the big day going to be I know that whenever it is it will be really special for you both even though it may not be what you first planned. Don't forget to post some photos on site for us to see.

Take care speak soon

Janet x

Hi Laurie,

As Janet has said, no apologies needed ......

Sounds as though Michael is progressing well and you're also getting some much deserved time to do the things that you need to do...

Many congratulations with the impending marriage, what date have you set? As Janet has said, we would love to see some photos!.... :D

Anyway, it sounds as though things are on the up for you and I'm really happy to hear your news.... stay in touch, but only when you feel that you've got the time to do so ..... xx

Guest michael's girl

we will b getting married on the 29th of feb, and of course i will post some fotos no worries.will update u all on michaels progress soon.....

love and support to u all!!!! :D

laurie x x x x x

• 9 months later...
Guest slocombe

i have been reading your story which is very simler to mine my husdand had a sah in feb 94 he made a full fecovery but had another on 29 july 07 he was finally dischared on 25 july 08 he is unable to walk and has severe cognative impairment we like you have made our house wheelchair freindley please tell me dose your partner have memory problems