Heart Rate Post-NASAH

I don't know what my resting heart rate (RHR) was before my NASAH.  I had been running for a while, so I think I was in pretty good shape.  While in the hospital, at night, my rate would drop to around 27 bpm and so they would wake me up.  I had a heart doctor for a while in the hospital, but he said my heart was fine, it was just the pressure on the brain that was fouling up the signals.  He eventually released me from his care.

Now, I am back to running and my rhr is usually around 42.  That is not too low for a runner, but I don't have a comparison point pre NASAH  This morning, after waking up and sitting around for a while, I took my rhr and it was 33.  I feel fine.  Sometime, I get slightly dizzy when I first get up, but that's it.

So I know there is no medical advice on here.  And I know if I am concerned, I should consult a GP.  So I am not asking for medical advice.  I am just asking for shared experiences.  I am asking if anyone else on here has a lower heart rate post NASAH than they did before. 

Best you see Doc  Bronco,  as he can tell you and it will be on record.  Plus if you don't see a Doc you'll only stress yourself.

You are fine but put mind at ease and Good luck xxxx

See a Doc or I'll sing to you xx  lol and we all know what that is like!

Good luck and perhaps someone on here has had similar xx

Win xxxxxxxxxxxxx  You know it makes sense xxxxx

• Like 1

Hi Broncothor. I have a 20 year old son who is into extreme fitness and he thinks your resting heart rate is very impressive. Although checking it before you eat is cheating apparently. This is my stab at humour! I think you should get it checked before it adds to the anxiety levels. Wishing you all the very best.

• Like 2

HI Bronco, mine was low 45 ish bp resting (I assume from training quite heavily) pre SAH and post SAH still seems quite low. I know while I was in hospital my HR and blood pressure were a bit low at times for them to give me Nimodipine, so I used to lay there and waggle my legs up and down to boost HR and blood pressure, oh the joy!

• Like 2

I don't seem to have any issues so I think I will just keep a watch on it.  I don't want to go run a bunch of tests just to have them tell me to keep an eye on it.  It speeds up appropriately when I exercise, which is what Dr. Google says is the primary thing to watch.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

My HR was odd after my SAH for a bit.  Then it evened out.  Then I started having premature ventricle beets.  It was never anything to be alarmed about.  Keep a watchful eye on that dizziness though, no one wants to have a concussion on top of SAH already!

You do know that the brainstem is where your brain regulates the heart, so that may be why it seems different after a SAH in that location.  If you are walking around and running, I'm with you...watch and wait for a bit.

~Kris

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just to add one more note to this as I usually do !!!

Hubs was told to take BP then wait a minute or 2 and take it again and every time he did this it was lower !!

I also told him to give dogs a pat as I know what calms him lol xx  (me shutting up) lol

Love

Win xx

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Bronco my resting heart rate is lower since my SAH.  When i was in the ICU the nurse kept turning the rate down on the heart monitor because it kept dropping lower than she had set the alarm rate in the 30 s at times . I ran before my SAH my RHR then was about 60  its in the 40s now and i am running regular again now,  just not as fast. My doc does  not seem concerned, so maybe its just another on the list of our bodies  reactions to our injury.

• Like 1