Head cold

This past week unfortunately hubby caught my head cold and it has affected him loads more than when he usually has one and he has felt really rough all week.  Have things like this effected anyone else worse than before they had their PASAH ?

This year the bugs doing the rounds seem much more virulent. Possibly it is just coincidence.

I know of many who have had these viral infections that have gone on and on and they have suffered more than usual. 

It is so easy to blame all ensuing conditions on the SAH when in most cases it has nothing at all to do with that. If you are really worried ask your doctor.

I think the first time you get ill after the bleed it’s hard emotionally as you worry more and also coughing , sneezing just hurt the head and then because your head hurt you worry.

It is worth remembering he is still healing from the effects of the bleed so having another bug to deal with on top of that will just take him more effort. So it’s not that it’s worse post SAH  it’s just his reserves to battle the flu or cold may be diminished.

best suggestion, gentle things down, expect less, give the body time to fight the bug. Usual advice from me is if things are not improving or getting worse then seek help but if not lots of hot lemon and honey, sleep, rest and go gentle with yourselves. 

Plenty of rest, fluids, pain and cough control. Stay upright most of the time and not flat since it' s better that way,  infection won’t be trapped. Make sure it' s not flu or pneumonia. Still not too late for flu shot. 

Please remember we want to think of the worst not because we want you to have it. We just have to be cautious because we care and we have seen the worst. It' s not about being positive or negative but we just have to see the things as they are.

Need to see the primary if not better to rule out pneumonia.

I had my bleed 4 weeks ago, I’ve had a headache ever since. Recently got sinusitis, which has floored me, the headaches are worse and I’m more exhausted. I had to have another scan just to rule or fluid building round the brain but I’m fine. It’s worrying and frustrating, just going to take time. 

Now he has had loose bowels for 5 days and I have literally had to make him go to the doctors.  This is not how he usually is and I just think it needs checking out with his GP.   Perhaps I’m being over protective but I can’t help it at the moment 

Pleased you have managed to persuade hubby to go to see doctor, it could be that he has picked up this winter virus that is going around, but it's better to get it checked out with doctor.

Hope doctor manages to put your mind at rest, 

Hang in there, things will get better.

Love 

Michelle xx 

Archived