So for the last 2 days I have been weirdly dizzy.  It happened on and off yesterday and now today I woke up with it again.  I did make a dr appt today because it's obviously hard to deal with so I need help.  Anyone have any insight?  I am 9 months out from my NASAH and have no other issues at all at the moment except my usual RA pain and slight headaches.  I am well hydrated so I know it's not that.  The weather is fluctuating here but I'm not sure that would do this to me.  It's not a light headed feeling, it's almost like my equilibrium is off.  Like I'm walking into walls.  Not sure why it would come on suddenly but like I said outside of that I'm totally fine.  I even worked yesterday so it wasn't constant.  Thanks for your help.

I went back to bed today and as I lay on my shunt side I felt all giddy so I turned over and woke up at lunch time  xx 

Do hope you feel better Kris.  All these weird feelings get our brains working overtime.  If worried see Doc no matter what,  at least put mind at ease.  Expect weird head if you have a shunt in when it becomes overcast and weather is stormy or gloomy we get heavy heads or Barometer heads lol xxxx

Keep Well xxx

I get goofy things like that too. The long term symptoms of this thing are funny , aren't they. And from reading others posts, there is absolutely no rhyme or reason for when they strike. The other day I got in the shower, started washing my hair and realized my eyeglasses were still on. Lol, what can you do???

Hi... thanks everyone!  No shunt Win thankfully and I did go to the doctor.  He definitely said it's the barometric pressure.  Weather is weird here right now.  72 today, 37 tomorrow type thing.  He also tested my patassium and magnesium levels so we'll see.  I do feel better though thankfully.  I hate that we all have to go through this but I'm glad I'm not the only one who has showered with glasses on;-)

Kris, just wanted to add that the effects of hormones and getting your period can exaggerate symptoms too . It’s like turning up the dial a bit and of course we know that our minerals etc can get out of whack then too but I found the year post bleed it was pretty dreadful when I got my period and although that has improved it may be I am just more used to that state,  Glad the gp tested you 

• 2 weeks later...

I can absolutely relate to dizziness. I am 8 months out and I have issues with this frequently. I describe it as feeling heavy headed - almost like I am a human bobble head. It’s uncomfortbale and scares me honestly. Sometimes I blame coffee, or a cold -but always in the back of my mind I’m worrying they missed something. Then I start analyzing everything little part of my face and my thoughts - this I believe is anxiety. But the dizziness I believe is recovery. Hope you are well xo

Dbc.... yes I think the same exact thing!  That they missed something.  I definitely think anxiety plays a part in my dizzy spells as well as barametric pressure and who knows what else.  I just keep pushing forward and try not to worry so much all the time.  I noticed that I cannot walk in the dark at all without getting severely dizzy.  Im a realtor and I noticed that any house I go into that is slightly off in any way I can feel right off.  Almost like sea sickness.  So weird now but am ok with it.  I think overtime it'll get better.

Archived