First trip booked

Have literally just booked us a week in Tenerife.  Hubby will be 6 months post PASAH and we’re hoping for a week of relaxing and getting over the fear of going away.  It has taken a lot of persuading by my hubby to convince all will be okay after the event happening whilst away in September but he says everything will be okay.  I have made him check with his doctor first before I actually booked.  I will still be apprehensive whilst there but it has to be done at some point 

I too traveled to South America less than 4 months after my SAH and vasospasm...I was worried but I too checked with my doctors who said to have a great trip ..... and I did...It is a big move and taking your time and resting and staying hydrated is important.  I just booked a second trip recently and to my surprise I was anxious about it...but...it came easier to do it a second time (with support from this site :) thank you all who wrote to me....I have investigated travel insurance and choose carefully which policy I bought...

Life is for living...take your trip and enjoy...I found when I got to my destination I didn't think about it or worry very much...

Hi,  well done on getting that holiday finalised.

Three months after my wife`s SAH we faced up to our anxieties about travelling and spent a week in Jersey. 

The following year our destination was New York.

Early fears are only natural, and as already mentioned.... so long as you pay attention to avoiding exhausting schedules you will both be able to feel much more positive about organising your second trip !

Subs

Enjoy the trip. I had my bleed April and flew from NZ to Nice early December (4 flights about 17,000 km) 3 train trips from Nice-Avignon-Barcelona then flew to Dublin, spent 3 weeks travelling around in Ireland by car then flew Dublin- Frankfurt-Vancouver   In one stint and Vanouver -Auckland -Palmerston North in another. I was flattened a few times but not by the flights. Noise cancelling headphones, sleeping tablets and the right amount of water did the trick for me. Happy holiday img. 

Archived