One step forward, two back!

Guest troopersway

Guest troopersway

Hi all, due to making good progress and having some normality (recap SAH Aug 07 coiled, TIA Sep 07, but was back to work within 6 weeks!!!!!! Determined as ever!) I have just got out of hospital AGAIN (9 day stay July 08 - Acute Migraine!!) I seem to be making progress then going backwards with no progress. To explain since SAH I have gone through all the usual neuro type problems, speech, mobility,memory, moods etc etc. Have been left with intermittent weakness and numbness right side which was at a manageable level but in past 11 days it has become constant and more servere. Off to doctors for check up and panic stations I am admitted for CT scan and put on the stroke ward!!! Knew I had not had a stroke but they are very caustious. In summary my question is this:

Have any others found their symptoms have got worse rather than better? Not worried about symptoms but extremely frustrated that just when things appear to be getting better they are not!

Good to be back on site, have not accessed for so long but once again BHTG has come up trumps when needed.

Regards

Nikki - so long as good days outnumber the bad days then life if fine!!!!!

Guest troopersway

HI Evelyn

:D

Thanks for post, reassuring to know others have same, expected so but so good to read it first hand.

How great your from Albuuerque!!

Hope your well and take care!

Speak soon

Nikki

The reason that you have felt that you're going backwards maybe because you've tried to do too much! Try doing less, far less and gradually build up (possibly over a period of years rather than weeks).

Hope you begin to see some improvement soon!

Scott

Guest troopersway

Thanks Scott your certainly right, just do not like hearing it but know that your right, frustration at it's worse when I want to progress, need to remind myself slow time not fast time.

Thks for advice, will take on board, keep smiling!

Nikki :D

Hi Nikki

I still have good and bad times and the bad times are generally when I have overdone things. Its so tempting when things are going well to forget to listen to your body but boy does it let you know bigtime that you've overdone it.

Janet x

Hi there it hit me after about a year and a half but sometimes my left arm does seem a little heavy and weak even now but nothing to stop me doing what I want to do. Hope all is well and that yours gets better like mine has. Jess.xxx

Hi Nikki

I felt like that too, just when you think you are feeling really good, you get a rough patch. Maybe we just push ourselves too hard and expect to be more "healed" than we actually are. I know I do...

hugs

shiree

Hi All

Shiree, I'm with you on that. As soon as I start to feel 'normal' again and pretty much forget that I've had a SAH then, bump, I'm pulled up really sharpish with tiredness, fatigue, headaches, depression (or at the least, feeling rather down). It's like someone's saying, "Ha ha you think you're ok but guess what, you're not - tut tut you forgot you had a brain haem didn't you...." Oh well, just another thing to learn to come to terms with!

Lots of love

Sarah xx