driver's license!!!

Guest kdenardo

Guest kdenardo

I am a bit ashamed but "I GOT MY DRIVER'S LICENSE BACK!!!!!" I am so sorry, but it seems like forever since I got to drive. I haven't had a seizure since February, and today doc said I could have them back. MADE hubby go to DMV and renew them. Haven't actually drove anywhere yet, but just that little plastic card in my wallet makes me feel soooo much better. I apologize to those that still are unable to drive, I just had to share this experience with you all. Thanks for being my sounding board when I needed it.

Isn't it a great feeling, Kelly? :D I got mine back a few weeks ago and felt so delighted to be really independent again! I found actually driving, harder than I thought I would. and was very down about it, but I was encouraged to keep at it ( when I was feeling physically well enough!) and now its back to the old days when I was a darn good driver, even if I do say so myself :wink: Today I am relaxed in that driving seat but at the same time try to recognise that there are some days when I would make a better passenger :|

Guest kdenardo

Hey all, just me. Thought I would give you an update. Have had ups and downs, but still really enjoy just having the plastic in my purse. I guess knowing I can is good enough for me right now. Tried to run a couple errands and am very uncomfortable in crowds ie. grocery store. I can do it tho - that's what hubby says :D

hi prue here,what happens about my driving licence,does the hospital inforn any one or what happens ,no one has said anything about it,cant drive anyway at the moment,would not be able to see the road,love pruexx

No need to apologise Kelly, it's a great feeling when you get your licence back! :D

Happy driving!! xx

Hi Prue

You are required by law to inform the DVLA of your SAH or any medical condition which affects your fitness to drive. The hospital will not usually do it for you. There is a form to fill in. The DVLA medical advisers will decide if and when you are fit to drive in consultation with your neurosurgeon and your GP.

See: How to tell DVLA about a medical condition

You need to fill in form B1 which can be downloaded at the following page:

If you are applying for or currently hold a car or motorcycle licence (group one)

See also: What happens after you have told DVLA about your medical condition

You must also inform your insurance company.

I was given permission to continue driving after 3 months, but it does vary depending on whether you've had complications, like epileptic seizures, for example, and it could take up to a year.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Keith