Does SAH bring on other problems

Hi All

I think somebody is really picking on me. I am nearly 3 years post SAH and as I have said before have suffered exhaustion throughout the whole period. Over the last couple of weeks it has been really bad. I went to see GP and I had various bloods taken. Early yesterday morning I got out of bed and my right arm had a mind of its own and was quite painful, this lasted for about 15 minutes and went. Barbara told me to go to GP again who sent me to the Medical Assessment Unit at local hospital because of SAH history. They also did tests and said they considered it could have been another bleed, stroke or a trapped nerve fortunately for me they said it was probably a trapped nerve but wait for it my blood glucose was 17. That evening my own GP rang and said the blood glucose they took from me was 22!!! and to see them urgently as I am now diabetic. Exhaustion is also a symptom of diabetes so I've got it 2 ways. It seems to me that since SAH my whole body has gone crazy and yes I am still waiting for my recoiling.

Cheers

John :? :?

Guest ElaineW

What another cruel blow - it does not seem fair. Diabetes seems to be very common now though but it's something you could do without. I hope that does not come to my mum she is a bag of bones now.

Elaine x

Hi John,

Sorry to hear about your diabetes. My SAH bought on some chest problem as well which is triggered by my headaches which then sends a brick like feeling to my chest in panic. Nowon tabs for that too :roll: They also tested me for diabetes too as they can't work out why fizzy pop helps when i'm dizzy. They sais they didn't think it was that but still no answers.

It is strange isn't it and really annoying.

Love and hugs

Laura

xx

Dear John

Can't believe you're still waiting for the recoiling - it seems months and months ago when you first posted about it on here.

Sorry to hear about the diabetes too. If its at an early stage I think they can help you to bring it under control fairly quickly.

Not sure about Mutti's post about SAH survivors getting diabetes sooner or later though. I've never read that before and believe me I've read just about everything on the internet about SAH and recovery.

It was my understanding that diabetes is becoming a big problem in the West because of our diet and that more people are getting it because of that. I also recall reading somewhere that one type of diabetes is age related. But think perhaps you had better get direct information from your GP or here on the internet from a medical website about diabetes.

Hope you feel better soon

Big hug

Lesley xxx

HI ALL

JUST THOUGHT I WOULD EXPLAIN HERE IN USA AT LEAST THE MEDS CAUSE A GLUCOS PROBLEM I HAD TO HAVE INSULIN SHOTS WHILE IN THE HOSPITAL AND IT WAS THERE THAT IT WAS EXPLAINED TO ME THAT AT LEAST HERE IN USA WE USUALLY END UP WITH DIABETES AFTER SAH. NOT SURE THE TREATMENTS ARE THE SAME.

LOVE AND HUGS EVELYN