Hi Everyone,

My dad had a SAH 2 weeks ago, he had emergency surgery and had coiling. Since then he has been sedated and on a ventilator and has regular neurostorming throughout the day. My question is, did any of you experience this whilst recovering?  Did any of you experience these storms every time you were weaned off of the sedation?

Thank you and I pray the best for everyone recovering and the loved ones supporting in this time. 

Hi Ggirl,

Welcome to BTG as we call it, so sorry to hear that your dad has suffered SAH and is in ICU.

I was not sedated after my surgery so sadly I can't comment on that, there some members who I am sure will come along and share their experiences of this with you.

You have come to a great place for help, advice and support, although we can't give medical advice, we can share with you our own experiences of SAH although you will find that everyone's SAH and recovery are different, we have all taken the journey that your dad is now on.

Any questions you have feel free to ask, we are here to help you to understand what may lie ahead as your dad goes along the recovery road, also to support you as you must have so many questions, it can be a very scary time for the rest of the family when they have a loved one in this position, don't be frightened to ask questions, we are a friendly bunch and where we can help, we will.

If you go into the page Introduce Yourself, maybe you could tell us a little more about what happened to your dad, also tell us a little about yourself too, you will get a lot of replies by doing that, only if you want to do it though, you don't have to, it just helps us to understand your situation a little more.

I would just like to wish your dad well and please take care of yourself to during this difficult time.

Love

Michelle xx 

Hi Ggirl

I was sedated on 7th Feb last year, and I was re-joining consciousness on maybe 28th, and closer normality on 1st March.  The dreaming was weird! I was detached but people talked to me and this influenced my dreams.  

I hope this works for your father.  

I should also add that I spent time trying to escape from the bed while I was only partially awake! My eyesight was terrible too, so it was quite frightening, half dreaming.  I am now fine - it just takes a long time to get better.

Fiona x

Hi Ggirl

Warm welcome to the site, glad that you found us.

I was unconscious don't remember a thing, but haven't been told anything, but weird things thoughts and stuff, remember its the 'Brain' not a broken bone its complex.

Things do improve if slowly - very slowly..

take care, stay-safe.

Archived