Found you through Google. I had a sah in July. Still struggling coming to terms with how things will be for me.

I know I've been very lucky I had two Tia's the effects from them have mostly gone. I don't travel well at the moment.

Headaches seem to be on the increase. I've had 2 procedures into the brain to see what has happened.

I don't have an anueryism but they don't know what's the cause. Waiting for the blood clot to disperse so they can get a clearer look. 

Welcome to BTG. You will see many useful threads here. Please take time to read. Yes the blood needs to go away. I m not sure where you are and if covid is slowing things down such as appointments. Stay hydrated , away from alcohol, rest, no stress. 
good luck and stay safe.

Hi Cw64, welcome. 

You're very early in your recovery at 3 months and I've found that coming to terms with an 18 month to 2 year recovery period is hard to accept. I would only echo other people's posts here, stay hydrated, stay stress free if possible and manage your expectations of time to get back to anything resembling your old normal.

If you can and weather allows, get out and enjoy the beautiful Shropshire countryside. If you're physically up to it, walking is great therapy, an excellent way to relax and gives you time to think outside of your normal environment.

All best wishes from Buckinghamshire..

Hello and welcome to BTG...

I am so sorry to read all you have been through...You are doing well to have located this site so quickly...Sorry to read your headaches are increasing...We are all trying to help and encourage each other so you indeed have found friends :)  I know it can be difficult to get through all this, having experienced a SAH myself, 3 years ago, and no cause was found... it is frustrating...

Let us know how you are doing...

xx Jean

Hi, thanks for the advice, been out twice today for a walk with my daughter. Resting now so tired but did 2000 steps more today than last time we went out. Same as everyone else I'm aware I look ok on the outside but tried to use hubby's laptop today to reply to an email I found it very hard and stressful just using the laptop my daughter had to take over and do it for me.

I found this very upsetting as I keep thinking about how long before I can think of returning to work, today showed me I'm further away from that day than I thought.

Not sure what's a realistic time to allow a good recovery. I've had 2 DSA procedures, and 2 Tia's luckily no long term effects from the 2 Tia's. Awaiting 2nd MRI to try and find cause for the 2 bleeds suffered. 

I remember feeling very mixed up about a lot of everyday things...when in rehab I spent an afternoon trying to figure out how to use my cell phone...I was terrified of the speech therapist as I knew she could see how mixed up I was....when I came home I would leave ingredients out of dishes I had made a thousand times...I couldn't keep more than 2 things in my head for a while...The brain takes time to heal, it takes its own time...different for all depending on what happened...2000 more steps today...that is good progress...it is just that we can't count steps for the brain...

3 1/2 year later I am better, and getting better still I think....but I am different, but I am still living my life and I am happy...

be kind and patient with yourself, sometimes we have to remind our loved ones that we are still struggling.  They need time to take it all in too..

xx Jean

Oh yes it does all take time to deal with it all.. I woke up every morning saying to myself "I had a stroke"....I knew it but somehow it didn't seem possible...

Time .... and it seemed to pass so slowly those early days but it picked up to normal as time went on...

wish I could give you a hug...

xx Jean

Aww  thanks swishy, what you say is so true. Next Tuesday I'm seeing 2 work friends. Will be the first time I've seen anyone other than close family. Bit nervous, know I look ok on the outside and most of the time I sound ok. Suppose I worry about the fact I'm not ready for work yet.  Cindy x

Hi Cindy,

Good luck seeing your work friends...it did me good to see my work friends after...I hear you when you say you are nervous and about looking ok on the outside.  Work is a big decision, if possible give yourself the time you need.  

Your doing it...one step at a time...

xx Jean

Thanks Louise, sat drinking pint of water as we speak. I know you're right I'm only 10 weeks down the line. It is hard to accept this is the new me. Can definitely see improvements since coming out of hospital. Same as everyone says one day at a time😊

CW its all a balance act remember keep hydrated but at the same time dont over do it..  10wks is still early you WILL notce improvements slow and steady does it..

Hope the site helps you.

take care, stay-safe.

Archived