Crying

Hi there.

It would be useful to us if you could post in the "Introduce Yourself" section and give us more information into your experience with SAH.  You'll get a lot more responses and support if you give you back story - that way there is bound to be someone who can identify with what you're going through.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, DianeW said:

I find that I cry very easily. Anyone else?

Hi Diane :) 

Yes i can relate to crying very easily. Especially in the early days when i would get overwhelmed with tiredness or frustrated that i could not do the things i used to.  My emotions were all over the place, my whole life had been turned upside down.  I'm sure a lot of others here can also relate to crying easily. You have been through a huge life threatening trauma.

Be kind to yourself, listen to your body and drink lots of water. Feel free to join in the daily banter in the Green Room too, we are a friendly bunch :) 

Take care

Wishing you well

Tina xx

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Diane

Simply put , yes in the early years my tears ran very close to the surface and you know what I found if I tried to close that off it actually created a physical pain for me so I learned that letting my tears go was a release and signal from the brain. 

if you think about it finding a little more tears make sense. Your brain has been through a tremendous assault , shock , trauma, and yet it controls all the emotions, so it finds ways to releas tension or stress that maybe previously you could have just felt less impacted by, it’s shows that you have less capacity for now, trust it 

that said if you find you are feeling depressed and have uncontrollable crying then always speak to your GP as that should never be left unchecked 

• Like 4