Hi everyone i am Chris !!!!

chris2010

Hi, my name is chris 40 year old male living in usa, iowa, my sah happend may 26th 2010 it was a non sah, freak of nature kind of thing, when i got up my neck was stiff, didn't think much of it got ready for work, then it hit me the bad headache, i don't really remember, but i made to my bed, there i was just paralized with pain, i know i had to call 911 but i just couldn't do it. on my bed i had the most amazing thing happen to me, i had a near death experience, i just left my body and floated above my body and i just keep going up higher and higher, during that time the pain was gone and i felt the no pain and the peace and tranquility was incredible, it is so hard to describe, what was weird about it is i can clearing to this day still see myself holing my cell phone and laying on the bed, like it just happened 2 minutes ago, the whole time there was a very bright light all around be and in the sky, as i was going higher i just came back in my body and then the pain hit, oh did it, i didn't really want to come back, it sounds bad, but it was really something, i am glad i did!!!!!!!!! anyway, finally my brain would work after at least 15 minutes after returning to my body, i called my wife she was speed dial # 9 on my phone, i just could not think, she came home and took me to the hospital they told my family i probably wouldn't make it and to say there good byes, anyway i got airlifted to des moines and stayed in icu for 4 days then on the floor for another 6 days, recovery is tough, but i am just glad i am still here, and on bad days, i always say it could be worse!!!! which it could be, thanks for reading my book, take care you all!!! chris

Hi Chris! Welcome to BTG and thank you for writing your story. Sounds like you came close to never coming back. What an experience you had, that's amazing! In comparison mine was rather dull, I just didn't believe what was happening to me was serious (regardless of the pain) and that I'd better leave my work pants on because I'd be leaving hospital soon! :crazy:

Chris, was your SAH perimesencephalic? Sorry if I've spelled it wrong. That's what I had. NASAH, non aneurysm SAH. You are coming up to your 9 month anniversary, how are you feeling now? Everything I've read on the Internet says we should be fine but there isn't much info available on recovery and long term deficits. Surfer also had a NASAH and he's posted several informative links on one of the forums.

I look forward to talking some more. :-D

Sandi K.

Hi Chris,

A warm welcome to you. You hear about near death experiences, but to go through one must be surreal. So glad you are here and you came back down to your wife and kids:-D.

I'm sure you will find a lot of advice and support on this site as you continue on your road of recovery.

All the best,

Sarah

Hi Chris! Welcome to BTG and thank you for writing your story. Sounds like you came close to never coming back. What an experience you had, that's amazing! In comparison mine was rather dull, I just didn't believe what was happening to me was serious (regardless of the pain) and that I'd better leave my work pants on because I'd be leaving hospital soon! :crazy:

Chris, was your SAH perimesencephalic? Sorry if I've spelled it wrong. That's what I had. NASAH, non aneurysm SAH. You are coming up to your 9 month anniversary, how are you feeling now? Everything I've read on the Internet says we should be fine but there isn't much info available on recovery and long term deficits. Surfer also had a NASAH and he's posted several informative links on one of the forums.

I look forward to talking some more. :-D

Sandi K.

Hi, nice to meet you, yes i had a non aneurysm SAH, I am feeling way better than i just was 2 or 3 months ago, my balance is off and i am alot more clumsey than i once was. Fatigue is still there, i take vitamins b-12 and fish oil, they say fish oil is good for the brain among other things, i still have headaches daily but not all day like it used to be, i had a continue headache for at least 6 months, it never went away, that was something!!!! How long has it been since you had your SAH??? How are you feeling!!!!!! thanks i will have to check out Surfers posts!!! Do you have hot flashes???? I have them alot, i joke with my wife and say i am going through like a guy menapause, LOL If you don't mind where was your bleed at, mine was at the back of the head, the doc said it was right above the peturitary gland. I have a copy of the ct scan, it was a big bleed, about 1/3 of the CT Picture or of my brain, thanks again talk soon, Take Care, chris

Kelv is right, lots of good advice and support from the warm hearted people on this site.

I don't mind you asking anything. My bleed was at the back of my head but I don't know exactly where yet. In Canada the scans and other info aren't given to the patients but I've since learned I'm legally entitled to it if I ask for it. I meet with my doc next week so I'll be asking. I can't wait to find out, knowing the location of the bleed might explain some symptoms.

I've just had my three month anniversary. Some days I feel pretty good - almost manically good which is scary cuz I trick myself into believing I'm all better and then when I do too much I fall further down later. I've come to terms with the fatigue and I give in to it now. Still have trouble with the dizzy, blurry or double vision, sore arms and legs, elastic band around my head, sore face from front teeth up through sinuses and to temples, most of the physical stuff comes and goes. What seems to be sticking around consistently is the cognitive stuff. I can't calculate, I plug the wrong numbers and the wrong sequences into the calculator. It's bizarre because I think I'm doing it right but the answers are so obviously wrong. But I still can't figure out how to get the right answer. It's scary because that doesnt seem to be getting better. Do you have cognitive issues and what are they? Has it gotten better?

I went back to work too soon. Everyone here told me that but.... Well, I think I'm right all the time!!! :devil: After jumping in with both feet and gradually scaling back I'm now completely off for at least a week to rest my brain. My boss said I cut back on the hours but not the volume. I'm a nut. :crazy:

Chris, are you back to work?

Sandi K. :shock:

Hi Chris

Welcome to BTG. Glad you found us and are sharing your story here. Sounds as though you are doing well with your recovery. It is definitely a process that takes a good deal of time for most of us. I'm just a little past the first year and can now look back and see how much progress I've made. Still have some issues that I deal with from day to day, but so much better now.

So glad you've joined us here. Hope to hear more from you!

Carolyn

Kelv is right, lots of good advice and support from the warm hearted people on this site.

I don't mind you asking anything. My bleed was at the back of my head but I don't know exactly where yet. In Canada the scans and other info aren't given to the patients but I've since learned I'm legally entitled to it if I ask for it. I meet with my doc next week so I'll be asking. I can't wait to find out, knowing the location of the bleed might explain some symptoms.

I've just had my three month anniversary. Some days I feel pretty good - almost manically good which is scary cuz I trick myself into believing I'm all better and then when I do too much I fall further down later. I've come to terms with the fatigue and I give in to it now. Still have trouble with the dizzy, blurry or double vision, sore arms and legs, elastic band around my head, sore face from front teeth up through sinuses and to temples, most of the physical stuff comes and goes. What seems to be sticking around consistently is the cognitive stuff. I can't calculate, I plug the wrong numbers and the wrong sequences into the calculator. It's bizarre because I think I'm doing it right but the answers are so obviously wrong. But I still can't figure out how to get the right answer. It's scary because that doesnt seem to be getting better. Do you have cognitive issues and what are they? Has it gotten better?

I went back to work too soon. Everyone here told me that but.... Well, I think I'm right all the time!!! :devil: After jumping in with both feet and gradually scaling back I'm now completely off for at least a week to rest my brain. My boss said I cut back on the hours but not the volume. I'm a nut. :crazy:

Chris, are you back to work?

Sandi K. :shock:

Hi, You are doing great, i remember at 3 months it was pretty bad, in time most of the physical things you are experiencing should get less intense, i mostly have a week left leg and physically an just as strong as i once was, just don't have the stamina. It is pretty cool to actually see the bleed on the CT scan, i bet they are really similar in the area. With the cognitive, it really takes a while to get the brain working good again, I have found the more you use it the better it gets, You will probably get some bad headaches during that time, what i did is when i got one, i just quit for the day and started over again the next day, after about 10 days the started to get better and the thinking better and better with time, I made a Maling List of 2 lakes nearby, it took me 4 weeks to get them done, what i did is look at there address and tried to memorize it, then type it in the computer, That REALLY helped the thinking process, i don't know why but it really worked, On the work, i have been a landscaper for like 17 years, i have worked for Direct Tv for 2 years but i had to quit, doc did not think it was a good idea to be on tall ladders, falling etc, while i was doing the tv thing i did landscaping part time, so i am going back to that full time, it is demanding work, but at least i can take breaks etc if need to, with the tv thing i had to go 200% all the time. i got lucky with directv i took out short term disability, it lasted till nov, just using by saving till spring, i have it pretty easy to recope, did alot of things around the house, clean the garage, house and organize things, You are doing really good, it gets really frustrating when the brain dose not work as you want it, it is easy to get down on it, but just keep plucking away, Time is Key, thanks so much, it has been really nice chatting with you, Please feel free to ask anything, chris

Welcome Chris, i too had NASAH in June2010, my recovery sounds quite the same as yours , headaches everyday but better than they were, exhastion and yes i too have hot flushes all the time !!! never had them before the bleed but do now , im only 35 ! My bleed was at the base and back of the brain too and was a big bleed my family were told too that i might not make it. My husband had the horrible job of phoning my parents and brothers and sisters back in the UK as we live in Australia, not a nice job. We also have four kids.

Anyway do feel better lately but still have along way tooooooo go, but as you say aleast we are still here, hard some days to think like that when you are having a bad day!!

Take care look forward to hearing off you Rhiann

Welcome to BTG! You are among like-minded people here :) The main thing, I suppose, is to LISTEN to your body and when you are tired/have a headache, you've done too much so REST! I'm still learning to do that, by the way, and I've just passed the one year milestone. I am still not back at work because I keep pushing myself and ending up in a heap on the floor :lol: I'll get there eventually.

Anyway, keep smiling :D