neck on annie's

Hi Guys,

Well today I phoned the hospital to inform them of my change of address and number and spoke to the neuro nurse x

I asked when my next scan is and its on April 2013 x she said that they want to keep an eye on the neck on the annie that I had coiled April 08 x :shocked: I knew I had a small opening but then I heard the word neck so thought I would post this x I have been having alot of headaches lately and pains in my eyes and with hearing this I now feel worried x AGAIN x

The nurse also told me that if there is any change then they would operate :confused:

This is all a suprise to me x x BUT I have come this far so I know I will be ok x I have to be for my family x x

Does anyone else have a neck on their anni ??????? what was you told about this ???????

love to all

donna

xxxxx

Hi Donna,

I still have a neck left on my aneurysm and have been monitored since the coiling in 2005 ... my last scan was in 2010 and they were happy with it. ..... I will be scanned again in 2015, which will be about 10 years post coiling. I know that it's a bit of a shock when you're first told, so know how you feel! Takes a little while to come to terms with the knowledge, but you do and the good thing is, that they're still monitoring you for any changes. xx

Hey Donna

Im sure you said before that you had a tiny neck on your anni :roll: which means you've leart to live with it:thumbsup: & thats good just to get on with stuff.....

I was monitored closely for 5/6 years......

take care honey....

Edited by Louise

Hi Donna,

I understand how these things can throw you into a state of worry. Towards the end of last year I asked my gp to print off the letters he had received from my consultant and one of those letters said that my unruptured aneursym had a broad neck projecting laterally close to the origin of the ophthalmic artery. This was the first I knew about this, which in my view, was not the most satisfactory way to find out:roll: The broad neck has never been discussed or explained to me which leaves it to my own imagination as what it all means. I know they are monitoring this aneursym and I go for a scan in August this year, but finding out about these things (ie, 2 years later in my case) when you are least expecting it is not at all nice.

I hope, like me, that when you get over the initial shock of hearing this, you will be able to re-focus and continue as you have been doing.

Sarah