Riane Posted August 8, 2011 Share Posted August 8, 2011 I just got off the phone with my GP. He has sent in a requisition for a CT angiogram to follow up my brain bleed of June 17th. This is to be the first follow up after the CT scans I had while in hospital. He has requested a CT angiogram "Circle of Willis" scan. That is the one where contrast dye is injected through IV, into the veins, then the CT scan conducted. I asked (12 days ago) for a 4 vessel catheter CT angiogram - that is the one where the catheter is inserted through the artery in the groin then the contrast dye is injected into the arteries. My GP feels that the risks are much greater with this procedure. I said that regardless of the increased risks, I would like the 4 vessel catheter procedure. He has reluctantly agreed to see if he can book this one. Have I made the right decision in pushing this? I am having such a hard time making simple decisions these days, a decision like this one feels huge and overwhelming. I am afraid that I'm p******** off my doctor (not a good thing) and if I do get the procedure I am requesting then I have to travel hours for it, and have to face the extra risks of the procedure itself. On the other hand if I get the less invasive procedure (that my doctor admits doesn't take as close a look) and it comes back negative (as everyone is anticipating) I am afraid that I will still wonder if I do indeed have an aneurysm lurking in my head. My husband suggested I post here, since everyone here is somewhat familiar with the procedures I'm talking about. What would you do? I'm so confused... Riane Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.