What were you doing when your aneursym burst

I don't remember it happening but my husband told me I was brushing my teeth before going to bed. He heard me weakly calling his name and found me lying on the bathroom floor. He asked me what had happened and I said that my head felt as though it was going to explode. Luckily he called an ambulance straight away. We went to our nearest hospital 25 miles away where they did a scan. They saw it was an SAH and we had to go to Frenchay in Bristol as they couldn't deal with it at the first hospital.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was skipping as part of a usual exercise routine, had been going for about 5 minutes when the feeling of a whack with a cricket bat hit me. That was the end of my exercise session, which was 16 May 2012, and the start of my current journey which seems to have some distance to play out.

My wife Sandy remembers absolutely nothing. She was watering

the vegies after a shift at work and landed head first in the vegie

patch. My son and I were watching cricket on TV. Luckily, he chose

to go outside for a cigarette and found her. Couldn't have been more

than five minutes after her collapse. Ambos arrived in 20 minutes and

then to A and E 15 miles away.

Can't often say this but on that day smoking actually saved a life!!

• 3 weeks later...

Sitting in an ante natal class with my Mrs...had to leave the room and fell to my knees in the corridor outside and I remember thinking to myself 'this isn't normal'. Then my better half took me home and things got a lot messier.....don't remember much of those bits as I came to a couple of days later....my Mrs still thinks it was an excuse to get out of those classes!

Ah...another Taff. Croeso! I hope your blood pressure wasn't compromised as a result of the exciting rugby game today!

A SAH at an ante natal class is a new one on us! I've not heard of that one before!

Welcome to BTG. It would be nice to hear more about you as your circumstances seem interesting. You could start a new thread introducing yourself. Has the baby arrived or is the due date pending? Forgive me for my interest, but I had a baby in August 2012, (SAH 2009.)

Best wishes

L

Hi Lin-Lin, and thanks for the welcome - baby due at any moment as we are now at 38 weeks! Busy time catching up with preparations as the SAH was an unscheduled distraction to say the least! First child for both of us so a little daunting but exciting time too.

How's life with your little bundle of joy?

Will post on the introduction thread also - should've done that first really, nothing worse than a stranger crashing peoples' conversations!:biggrin:

p.s. managed to stay relatively calm for the rugby - but I did watch it at home....being in the pub might've been a very different story!

Edited by JimmyC

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was doing DIY. Half way through replacing my bathroom I felt immense pain behind my eyes, felt queasy, very hot, and had flashing lights in my eyes. I slid downstairs and got my daughter to pass me the phone where I called 999 but passed out before being able to speak. My daughter took over call and the next thing I remember is waking up in hospital the next day.

• 1 year later...

Hi all

I was standing in front of my Grade 12 English class. New job in an IB international School in Japan. Had only been here 3 months after moving from NZ. I felt like someone had stabbed a knife through the top of my head and then a wicked headache came on.

I carried on trying to teach for about 5 minutes then managed to make my way down to the office. Luckily, they took one look at me, called an ambulance and I was having a coil put in within hours.

I remember the neurosurgeon leaning over me and saying something in Japanese. I asked my husband if he was the Japanese 'Monroe'. He assured me he was.....

Joanna (a kiwi in Japan)

I was on a spin bike at home. About 10 minutes into the ride I felt this incredible headache, but being an idiot, thought that if I kept on going the pain would ease off.

It didn't, so I got off the bike, went to find my husband and get some pain meds. Not surprisingly the headache didn't go away. He kept on telling me we should call and ambulance, but I was still sure it would stop in time.

I was convinced that it was just a bad migraine and I didn't want to waste anyone's time for nothing. It was when I got up off the sofa and felt what seemed like a rush of fluid down the back of my neck and across my shoulders that I realised that we should call an ambulance. A scan at the hospital revealed a significant bleed at the base of my brain.

So much for exercise being good for you!!