What were you doing when your aneursym burst

While I was in hospital a nurse asked me how my aneursym burst ( what was I doing she asked) I laughed at her an said u know what I was doin then she told me the 3 most common things shes heard of when a aneursym can burst

Not in any order so here goes

Going to the toilet an forcing yourself to poo

Weight training liftin heavy weights

Having sex

I just turned to her an said well I wasn't lifting weights while on the toilet

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cooking a Curry

You are funny Scoobs.....Never done weights...bowels okay..and I'll pass on the other one

Funny though my Dad always said if we didnt feel well .......remember I have the same name as my Mum

Okay this is Dad ready Scoobs ? .."Win are her bowels open" Mum said "Barn ask her yourself" she had a way with words lol

My Dad put everything down to bowels not open ..mind you he lived to 92 and then it was hip that got him and as He always said

"Don't let the bleeding hospitals get hold of ya they will kill ya" lol .....but in his case he was right..broiken hip and his big heart

gave out..ahhhh Bless him ..but got me off No.3. lol

Be Well

WinB143 x

Edited by Winb143

Gill you don't have to tell me bout the pain I remember how painful it is I was rollin all over the bed trying to pull my head off my shoulders I just wanted the pain to stop plus havin to try get dressed in the dark cos I couldn't stand any light at all then goin down stairs on my butt cos I couldn't stand up an walk without feelin dizzy and sick

I didn't get the light thing until my right pupil started to dilate, on the 10th May I ended up at the eye clinic with double vision & the shining of the lights in my eye were agony. By the time I had my MRI 17 days later the 3rd nerve palsy was complete & i couldn't open my eye at all. I feel for you, the pain of the anni pressing on the nerve was bad enought without the rupture :-(

It still amazes me that with such classic symptoms & a classic cause it took them 6 weeks to find my anni.

I was in a stressful meeting at work. Everyone was composed and polite but I was having to defend my tean and decisions we made so was on the 'hotseat'. The meeting went well and in my favor and as it was wrapping up my head blew as if the pressure just couldn't be held any longer.

Sandi K.

Sentinel bleed - I was on the computer recruiting extra hotel staff for the Christmas period and started to have a weird feeling in my head and then felt as though a baseball bat had been hit around the back of my head. 2nd time around, it was a migraine headache that just didn't go and progressively got worse, so both times the SAH presented differently.

Any rise in blood pressure can cause an aneurysm to rupture.

Well,

I didnt happen to me on the loo but doc did say since then to take tablets as not to strain. I'm gathering that means dont strain on the toilet or my brain will explode again? Don't know about anyone else but knowing you could die every day when you go to the bathroom does not make me feel all that great about it.

David

I left work early Firday, I just felt odd with just overall weakness and headache wanted to lay on couch in the dark- Friday at midnight I was on bathroom floor unable to move my head because of the lightening strike pain and vomiting. Thursday prior I had a tooth pulled, Wed i flew back from California, 6 months prior I was writing odd sentences in charts that made no sense and I was complaining of extreme fatigue like after SAh fatigue but without headache. I still have no one that will tell me why I was sick prior an dthey do not feel it was SAH bu tI think maybe one of the strokes I had? I also about 6 months prior felt like a firework sparkler was going off in my right eye for about 30 seconds one night. Thats about it but I was under a great deal of stress anfd heartaches for over a month prior to SAH.

I've got to give birth in two weeks time... yikes!!!!

OMG Lin,

I didnt even think about that. I'm sure you'll them about your SAH. The nurse gave me some tip(Cant remember it now) to strain a different way. This was while they were shoving a catharter in my bladder for the 5th time (so much pain) in two days after the other hack nurses couldnt do it. 5 catharters! only supposed to be 1. Breathe Lin!

David

I was at home in the garden with Andy. We were digging a hole to bury one of my girls in (pet, not child!) who we were about to have put to sleep. We have them all in a long row under the hedge. There was an elderflower root in the way, I bent down and tugged it then 'pop' in my head followed by an incredibly loud roaring noise like a chainsaw had been started next to my ear. I fainted and when I regained consciousness a few seconds later everything was bleached out brilliant white like the scene out of Terminator when the A-bomb goes off. I could see that Andy was speaking to me but couldn't hear him. Thanks to my poor mum's death we realised immediately what was happening, the real challenge was getting the A&E staff to take us seriously. It was nearly 5 hours before they gave me a CT and Andy says when they eventually scanned me they soon changed their tune! I was induced into a coma and taken to Oxford Radcliffe in an ambulance. I'm very grateful I was at home with Andy, the really sad thing is that Mole wasn't put to sleep until the next day when my friend did it for us and my poor baby suffered fior another day.

I was massaging a patient. I was also extremely livid, at the moment, with another patient who had made inappropriate comments to one of my therapists. As supervisor, I knew I was going to have to deal with the male patient and I was just fuming!!!. I tried to calm myself down, re-focus on the job at hand, and then BOOM! Felt like someone had hit the back of my head with a bat!

Well my hemorrhage occurred while surfing the internet. Late at night sitting on the couch. I was slouching really. I got a kink in my neck and thought it was time to adjust myself. There was a slight pop noise or a clicking. I put down the laptop and as I stood up there was a sensation of pressure building from the back of my skull to the front.

I thought to myself. this must be what a migraine feels like. I went to the kitchen and took two pain killers. The pain increased to a level I had never experienced before.

I slowly climbed the stairs to the bedroom. My wife was asleep and I woke her telling her I was in pain and tried to lay down.

Typical man, waking wife :D. I couldn't lay down the pain was too intense by now. She wanted to go to the hospital.. I said lets just wait a bit and see if the pain killers help.

I went downstairs again and the killer pain out did the pain killers. So off to hospital we went. I still figured it was a migraine I never heard of a Subarachnoid Hemorrhage before.

It wasnt till the doctor said they may need to call a brain surgeon that I really thought anything major was wrong.

I was getting ready for my works Christmas do... I had been feeling very stressed for a few weeks, for no apparent reason and I was feeling unwell and slightly breathless the weekend before.

I had a popping sensation in my head, and it then felt like my head was full of cotton wool. I felt quite hot and my scalp was suddenly sweating and my neck must have hurt as I initially thought I had pulled a muscle in my neck... I still went along for my Christmas do but I then spent the night in a friends hotel room feeling ill and being voilently sick whilst everyone else was partying on... a LOT of pain and 4 days later I went to hospital!

x