Does it take you longer to recover from an illness after SAH?

Hi all,

Each time i've been ill (with the slightest thing!) it takes at least double the time to recover than it did pre SAH. Right now i've just had mild flu (about 3 weeks of it), and although I'm pretty much better my head feels pretty pressurised still which worries me slightly. Does anyone else have this?? And take much longer to recover?

I'd be interested to hear :-D

Juliette xx

Hi Juliette, I would say the answer for me is a most definite yes. I had only one cold in my first year & that was horrible, we were on holiday & we had to come home I felt so rough.

This past year I've had 3 colds, one every 2 months usually coninciding with our wessesx meet. I also had flu/tonsilitis over New Year & was in bed for almost a week. It seems to go straight to my head & then I feel achy & ill.

Mind you I get flu like symptoms when I'm over tired!!

Hi Juliette,

I'm glad you posted this. I was beginning to think there was something seriously wrong with me. Now I know it's normal. I've had a cold/flu for the last 3-4 weeks and it's not going away either. I think you should probably talk to your doctor about it if it's worrying you. I know I plan on talking to mine when I see her next week if I'm not better by then. Hope you feel better soon.

Stephanie

I once again am going to say that any reading about CfS and fibromylasia would be worth reading. So much of my sah recovery and what I hear others say out there's is so similar. I find all three are someday going to grouped together with similar treatments by neurologists. Everything hits you harder. Even fun times you seem to pay for and good days! Maryb

Hi Juliette,

Yes, for me having any other illness following my SAH really seems to knock me for six.

Have you thought about having the flu jab?

I hope that you're feeling better soon, get plenty of rest and drink lots of water.

Take care,

SarahLou Xx

I get aches and pains and feel like my shins have been bruised, tender to touch. So why do I touch them,,lol

I had flu jab and got flu ..lol, Call me lucky,

Juliette keep going forward and things do get better just slower than normal.

They do honestly. Give yourself time, a lot of it xx

Never give up and look back and see how much you have improved xx

Good luck and smile

WinB143 xxxx