One Year Subarachniversity

How's that for a word? It was one year ago today (January 5, 2012) that my brain popped and sprung a leak. It's been quite an eventful year. Although all of my symptoms resolved in 7 weeks, I worked diligently to recover my strength in order to face my imminent cancer treatment. I was done treatment by May 9th and returned to work and the balance of my activities by June 1st. I faced a further challenge of my mom being diagnosed with a 4cm posterior fossa meningioma for which she underwent surgery on December 13th - The outcome was excellent, albeit a large hit to her left eye visual field, but I am grateful to have my mom.

Lesson learned - you can lead a healthy life, do all the right things, eat well, exercise, etc, but there is no guarantee that you won't be dealt the crappy cards in life. It's what you do with them. I have chosen to move forward and cannot be defined or owned by my illnesses. I will not be a victim. I am happy and better off for having endured my health challenges and that of my mom. I count my blessings each and every day.

I wish everyone on these boards, wherever you are at in your stage of recovery, positive insight and happiness.

A special hello to my twin Annie, who I met on these boards - we both have the same SAH date. Thanks to all that corresponded with me in my hour of need. You are kind people.

Sue

Congrats on your one year anni-versary dear Sue.

You have been such a fantastic positive person, it's so great to read your posts and how you're getting on, coping and dealing with things.

I think a lot of us would benefit some of your positive mental attitude.

Thanks again Sue, for being you.

I hope that you do something nice to celebrate your special day. Make some happy memories.

Glad op went well with your mum, that's great news.

Take care,

SarahLou Xx

How's that for a word? It was one year ago today (January 5, 2012) that my brain popped and sprung a leak. It's been quite an eventful year. Although all of my symptoms resolved in 7 weeks, I worked diligently to recover my strength in order to face my imminent cancer treatment. I was done treatment by May 9th and returned to work and the balance of my activities by June 1st. I faced a further challenge of my mom being diagnosed with a 4cm posterior fossa meningioma for which she underwent surgery on December 13th - The outcome was excellent, albeit a large hit to her left eye visual field, but I am grateful to have my mom.

Lesson learned - you can lead a healthy life, do all the right things, eat well, exercise, etc, but there is no guarantee that you won't be dealt the crappy cards in life. It's what you do with them. I have chosen to move forward and cannot be defined or owned by my illnesses. I will not be a victim. I am happy and better off for having endured my health challenges and that of my mom. I count my blessings each and every day.

I wish everyone on these boards, wherever you are at in your stage of recovery, positive insight and happiness.

A special hello to my twin Annie, who I met on these boards - we both have the same SAH date. Thanks to all that corresponded with me in my hour of need. You are kind people.

Sue

Sue, that it a fantastic word!!

I love your outlook on life - you are a inspiration! Good luck to you and your mum in whatever life adventures comes your way. You deserve the best! Love and hugs, Linda xx

It's great to see you in here again :biggrin:

HAPPY SUBARACHNOIDANNIVERSITY (did I spell that right?!)

You are an inspiration and I'm so happy to hear your health is much better and that of your mom too!

You've got a great and positive outlook on life - keep it going and thank you for sharing with us!

Hope to see you around more often. You've been missed!

Hugs to you,

Carolyn

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Sue!

So glad I spotted this thread as not getting the chance to go on here much. What a year! For me it's been a year I want to forget but won't - a year of being ill, having family bereavements, losing a job and finding another as well as trying to lead as normal life as possible!

BTG helps you when no one else knows what it feels like so I agree with Sue - it has made everything that little bit easier to stomach!

Best wishes to all and here's to the next year (it can't be any worse than the last one!)

Annie x