no known cause

Hello everybody i had a sub arachniod hemorage just over a year ago and my god i am greatful to be hear with all of you.i had a neck ache and head ache for about 3 days before and finaly on the morning it happened while i was at work early changing a brake on an airbus a300 i was crouched over the axle when i stood up to start removing the tire and WAM ! i herd like a snap and i instantly went from normal head ache to oh my dear lord god head ache and i had a hard time standing up thankfully i had a fellow worker next to me mikey and he grabed me and walked me to the warm truck were by the time i sat down i lost vision in my right eye.at that point mike had ordered up an ambulance and i thought i had reached the end of my life.but then by the grace of god i felt this over comming joy and started crying and for some reason i still cannot explain i realized i was gonna be ok.it was the most calming feeling and then the head ache was just unbearable and my vision slowly came back to my right eye.they rushed me to a close hospital here in philladelphia and did a cat scan and imediatly rushed me to thomas jefferson university hospital in philadelphia i have to say what an amazing hospital and staff there i stayed for 2 weeks in icu.my neurologist told me that they could not find the cause of the bleeding and by some miracle it stoped.I had three brain angiograms over the course of 4 months that all came back negative thank god.You know the whole time i was lying there in the hospital all i could think of was my little girl my daughter who is 9 years old i could not leave her.the neurologist told me that i need to take it easy and that i was fully in tact.i still have issues with my right eye and i have that ringing in my ears from time to time but it was a long recovery i took a year for me to feel alot better.This has totaly changed my life i no longer stress about anything and when adversity stikes in i just reflect back to how stressed out i was before all this happened,and how meaningless it is to become affected by stress and things we totaly cannot control.I am so greatful to god to be here and be here for my daughter most inportantly.One last note i had a difficult time speaking it took almost 3 months for my stuttering to calm down and even now i speak more slowley.some times i feel out of body whitch can be a bit bizzare but it gives me perspective.well i look foward to reading all your stories and sharring mine with you.god bless all of you ...Danny

As Sandi said, Welcome to BTG Danny

I was so happy after my family told me what happened that I could tell them I Really Love Them xx

We take life and family for granted but not anymore.

I am so lucky and mostly Happy when not getting teary.

My daughter said to me "Good to have you back Mum" we both had a cry lol.

My Family went through more than me as I never knew what was going on for a while

Be Well and once again Welcome

Best Wishes

WinB143

Welcome Danny!

Glad to hear you are doing so well. My SAH stopped bleeding on it's own as well but after a few days of being treated for the stroke I suffered from the high blood pressure I am sure. I understand you did not have any anni's so it was a NASAH? And will probably never happen again.

Life is so much different the time wasted on nonsence is gone or on people who love a life of drama. Life is for us living and to make the most of it.

I had moments of great peacefulness that was looking very pleasant while laying on my bathroom floor or I could keep that lighteing striking me in my head everytime I took a breathe let alone moved, along with vomiting at each movement I would come back and say I need to get help so I army crawled to wake up my husband. A lesson for me was it was my second time at the ER that night, and I was a bit embarassed to go back. I thought it was just the worst headache ever or a bug or something. I think back about it and it is ok to be embarassed, I am thankful the doctor recalled I was in earlier. I think for weeks I held my head in my hands to keep my head from moving.

Did you have to return back to work? How is your vision now? I lost some in the 10:00 area of left eye and the 2:00 of right eye. Sunshine hurts my eyes and give me a headache or migraine now. I spent no time outside last summer as it was hot and sunny every stinkign day! But now I have a "plan" to wear my old lady sunglasses over my eyeglasses and a brimmed hat so I don't run into things like branches etc in the yard. Either I am running my face into something or I think I see something that is not there and jump like an idiot. That is my plan to NOT POKE MY EYE OUT!

Danny,

I had a SAH with no known cause too. I also had terrible vision issues at first. Now, just when I get tired or when I went to the Detroit auto show and all the glaring lights. I am 1yr5months at this point. There is a lot of support here for any question or comment. Good you found us.

~Kris

Danny,

I had a SAH with no known cause too. I also had terrible vision issues at first. Now, just when I get tired or when I went to the Detroit auto show and all the glaring lights. I am 1yr5months at this point. There is a lot of support here for any question or comment. Good you found us.

~Kris

Hi Kris,so nice to meet you, you are still in the getting better phase sleep sleep sleep as much as you can thats what really helped me alot in my recovery.When you are tired relax and take it easy i know exaly how you feel i discovered that sleeping and i come to find out that i have sleep apnea that now i have a cpap machine i sleep way better and what a difrence a good nites sleep makes my right eye still bothers me and now i have to use reading glasses all the time.and yes lites still bother me its amazing to meet someone like you who has gone thru exactly what i have gone thru. Dan

Welcome Danny!

Glad to hear you are doing so well. My SAH stopped bleeding on it's own as well but after a few days of being treated for the stroke I suffered from the high blood pressure I am sure. I understand you did not have any anni's so it was a NASAH? And will probably never happen again.

Life is so much different the time wasted on nonsence is gone or on people who love a life of drama. Life is for us living and to make the most of it.

I had moments of great peacefulness that was looking very pleasant while laying on my bathroom floor or I could keep that lighteing striking me in my head everytime I took a breathe let alone moved, along with vomiting at each movement I would come back and say I need to get help so I army crawled to wake up my husband. A lesson for me was it was my second time at the ER that night, and I was a bit embarassed to go back. I thought it was just the worst headache ever or a bug or something. I think back about it and it is ok to be embarassed, I am thankful the doctor recalled I was in earlier. I think for weeks I held my head in my hands to keep my head from moving.

Did you have to return back to work? How is your vision now? I lost some in the 10:00 area of left eye and the 2:00 of right eye. Sunshine hurts my eyes and give me a headache or migraine now. I spent no time outside last summer as it was hot and sunny every stinkign day! But now I have a "plan" to wear my old lady sunglasses over my eyeglasses and a brimmed hat so I don't run into things like branches etc in the yard. Either I am running my face into something or I think I see something that is not there and jump like an idiot. That is my plan to NOT POKE MY EYE OUT!

Hi mary so nice to meet you,i went back to work six months after it happened and it was difficult but good to be back the guys were good they went easy on me and now i am finaly pulling my own weight.i wear rose lens sunglasses now there sun cloud vintage sunglasses that seem to work the best but i still get headaches too.i too seem to see things out of the corner of my eye that dont exist.wow i dont tire out as fast as i did but when i do i stop and i usualy get a little head ache.i find sleeping a good long nites worth give me alot back for the day.and yes it was a nasah thank god but now when ever i stand up from bending over i do it realy slow and my gym regimins have changed i used to work out realy hard with heavy weights now i do alot of cardio and very light weights but lots of reps if i push too hard at the gym i get headachs later just like before it happened so i get scarred and just take it easy at the gym.the neurologist told me no more heavy weights so thats that.do you go to the gym and do cardio?

Hi Danny, it's been 2 years and 2 months since my NASAH. I am back on the treadmill, doing some minor weights, and on the exercise bike. I was told to wait a year before lifting weights. I'm not running marathons but managing to get the endorphins going and the heart pumping and it feels good. It took me a long time to get into a routine where working out didn't end up being the only thing I could accomplish in a day!

I'm not working now. I went on sick leave in May after trying to go back to work twice. When I was working I had no energy to do anything else. The doc wanted me to do 30 minutes of exercise a day but I spent all my energy at work. It's been a slow climb but I'm feeling better and doing some volunteering now. Hoping to get back to work in the next couple of months. We will see if I can keep the work outs going then.

Take your time with cardio and the gym, you'll get back to where you want to be but there's no hurry. Your brain needs rest.

Sandi K.

Danny, No I do no hard cardio I think my head would explode - really it makes me instantly ill. I do swim aerobics as it puts not pressure on my joints and muscles,. I have fibro so any repeated motion is not really good on me.

I work as a veterinary asst. at a small animal clinic. Although the oldest person there I am one of the most physical with getting on that that tile floor all day. I try NOT to lift the big dogs but I wrestle alot! I think at work I have adapted to an easy ZEN like way of working with my big animals as I can get the blood draw with owner just holding the collar so if possible I try to read my situtution and if it is not going to be a rodeo I am ok or i call in a few young people and walk away now!

I normally have no energy left by the time i get home. I am done for the day but 7:30 to 5:00 with barking dogs, phones ringing, people talking in a fast paced enviroment does trash me daily. I woudl glady work less hours if it were not for the insurance right now. It leaves little left for my evenings.

Hi Kris,so nice to meet you, you are still in the getting better phase sleep sleep sleep as much as you can thats what really helped me alot in my recovery.When you are tired relax and take it easy i know exaly how you feel i discovered that sleeping and i come to find out that i have sleep apnea that now i have a cpap machine i sleep way better and what a difrence a good nites sleep makes my right eye still bothers me and now i have to use reading glasses all the time.and yes lites still bother me its amazing to meet someone like you who has gone thru exactly what i have gone thru. Dan

Well, I'd love to sleep, but I have great difficulty doing it. I usually get 4-5hours. Before the SAH, I got 71/2 almost to the minute. Sometimes I do get 6 hours and that's a good night for me. I have no idea why I wake so early and can't re-initiate sleep...I'm not worried or anything at the time so I just go with it.

~Kris