A Question for the Girls

Guest Vic

Hi there, :D hope you all had a good weekend.

Just a quick querie

It seems to me that dizzy spells and aches and tiredness seem to be worse at the time of my period, has anyone else noticed the same thing :?:

have a good week all

Vic xxxxxxxxxx

Vic,

Yes, me too ....as the other guys on this site already know! ..... I moan and groan every month about them..... :lol: They definetly make the other symptoms a lot worse and I'm useless for quite a few days....

Yeah Vic me too

I didn't really get PMT before, now I'm very touchy, I also get a lot of pain in all my joints, back and neck especially and co'ordination gets especially bad. I also get v v tired. My Gp says co-ordination is an issure for all womem at period time, we're maybe just noticing it more now.

Aine xox

Hey there

At the ladies on here know, I don't have them as I have a coil fitted that stops them (more ****** coils!!!!) But I do notice that when I should be having a period that my headaches increase and I am more irritable - but then I was before :roll: Its definitely a hormonal thing and apparently Evening Primrose can help, but you can't take it if you're taking meds for epilepsy - read the carton and check with your GP.

Sami xxxx

• 3 years later...
Guest federalstreet

I never used to have any PMT at all - I would have no 'warning' that my period was about to arrive.

BUT since my SAH my husband has noticed that I am far more emotional for 48 hrs prior to my period and a bit morose too.... asking questions like "what am i going to do with my life" etc.

I hadn't made the connection myself but am glad that hubby did b/c realising the connection makes me feel less 'useless' and 'pathetic'.

I don't know if it will last forever but it is definitely different since the SAH.

k

Hi Vic

Not sure if I am any more emotional than I used to be, always was emotional and more so with pmt. I have always suffered with what I called 'the dropsies' so I suppose that would come under the co-ordination heading!

If I drop something once I will drop it a few times more before I 'get a grip'! So frustrating at times, but no worse post-SAH

Kel x

Hi Vic,

OOOOH yes i notice i am more dizzy off balance and very spaced out head pain etc moreso at that time of the month even though i have had a coil fitted (as if i havnt got enough:-D) because he pain with monthly was something i could (or maybe we all could) do without.....but it seems they are coming back although i must add they are a lot light....one thing i wished for was that my SAH and stroke got rid of them forever ....mother nature eh!!!:wink:.

Love luck and laughter

Michelle c

Hi Vic

An interesting thread that I must have missed previously! I don't get PMT but I am certainly more "stupid" when I have them. I get more dizzy spells and my balance is worse. I also get quite a bad headache the day before. Like Michelle C I kind of thought they would have gone by now or at least signs of that, nope, just as regular as before! I did say to my neuro last year about how I am at that time of the month and he said that SAH would have no affect! He's a man! But things are definitely a wee bit worse during that time.

I had a sentinal bleed in the December and another one in the January before my SAH on 10 February and a sequential bleed on 14 February. The bleed in December coincided with the first day of my period, the one in January was on the last day. The SAH in February was the first day of a period and the sequential bleed was on the last day. Again they said coincidence. But surely your hormone cycle has an affect on you blood pressure. I don't believe my hormones caused the aneurysm but must have had an affect on when it burst. What my neuro said last year was that these two things were going along in parellel!

What I do know is that everyone's natural rythms mean that yor blood pressure does go up around about 2am to 3am. I used to work for a dental practice and the dentists said that if you were going to have bad toothache it would more than likely be then that it would hit you!

My PMT was definitely much worse after the SAH and I still experience problems with the drop of hormones just before a period .... that is, with tiredness and dizzy spells.

My periods did stop for a few months after the SAH and I believe that this can be a normal consequence of a SAH, but they did return with a vengeance!

However, the PMT has improved, but most months, I still experience tiredness and dizziness just before and during a period.

Would advise anybody that has heavy periods to go to their GP and get their iron levels checked out .... xx

I hadn't had a period for over 2 years (supposedly the marker for menopause) before my SAH, but I've had two since! First one was after my clipping (3 months post SAH) and the second one about 3 months after that.

That Mother Nature's got a weird sense of humour. More weirdness? I get all the PMT symptoms when my partner's about to have her period.

Go figure! :lol:

• 3 years later...

Hi

You don't know how relieved I was to find this thread. I was honestly worried I was having another bleed last Thursday. Then the next day I got my period.....I started to wonder if there was a bit of a pattern but of course no dr had said anything to me. Then I found this thread.

I have gone from taking little or no painkillers back to taking the maximum I can take. The headaches lasted the whole period on and off.

I also have very irregular periods. Sometimes I get the stomach cramps but no period.

Any idea when these 'period headaches' might stop?

Joanna