Hi, I'm Margy, from Michigan in the USA. I suffered a SAH last October, had a coiling, and at the six month mark had an angiogram to see how things looked in my brain. The coils have compacted and the doctors found another aneurysm. They have recommended a craniotomy to clip both aneurysms or another possibility is a pipeline embolization (similar to a stent) of the second aneurysm. Has anyone ever had the pipeline embolization device (PED)? I've read a few articles on the internet, but have found the medical jargon confusing and I'm not sure if it's the right procedure for me. Any information would be most helpful. Thank you.

Hi Margy :) a very warm welcome to BTG !

I had a craniotomy to clip my ruptured aneurysm. They could not coil mine. I had seven hours surgery.

I have not heard of pipeline embolization device (PED). I am aware of a stent.

As Penny has said trust your medical team....but I personally would definitely make another appointment and get them to discuss all the options and ask them to explain everything to you in everyday jargon so you understand what your options are and what will be happening to you.

Is there anyone you can take with you to ask questions and support you? It may be helpful to write everything down you want to ask as it is so easy to forget.

Wishing you well and please let us know how you get on.

Take care xx

Hi Margy,

Just ask your Docs "if it was your Wife what would you have done for her and name the options"   my hubby was scared of me having a shunt put in and my surgeon said to him  "if it was my wife I'd have it done".

Good luck Margy and try not to worry (easier said than done though) xx

Love

WinB143 xx

Thank you for the quick responses. I did ask many questions and actually asked about the wife/family member having the "best" procedure. So far craniotomy is the answer. I mainly wanted to know more about the PED since it's non-invasive.

I will have another angiogram in a few months, will speak to the neurosurgeon and also the intervention radiologist. Hopefully the best answer will present itself.

I appreciate all you do.

• Like 1

Looking PED up the procedure is like an angiogram where the femoral artery is used for access. Good luck in whichever procedure you have.

Please come back and let us know about your progress as that information could be useful and reassuring to other members.

• Like 3