Hi everyone

Guest mollie

Guest mollie

Hello everyone. I am new to the site and thought it may be helpful to me if I joined. I suffered an SAH in July 2007 and am at a complete loss as to how to manage my recovery. I have had no back up or support from my GP or Neurosurgeon so am hoping you guys can give me the benefit of your experiences just so I know what to expect and how to deal with it. Sorry about my intro......more like a winge than a hello.....lol.

Hi Mollie

Welcome to the site, it's a great place to talk with others who understand what you're going through - and none of us will mind if you feel the need to moan! To be honest, I dont think that was a moany start at all.

I was like that, I didn't get a lot of follow up from the Neuro or the GP, but then I have been very lucky all in all - in my recovery I mean.

Is there anything specific you're worried about?

Again, welcome to the site, I'm looking forward to hearing more from you.

Take care, Blondie x

Guest mollie

Thank you so much for the warm welcome. Already you have made me feel better, I don't feel quite so isolated. I'm sure once I have navigated around the site I will be posting and getting to know you all a bit better. Once again thank you for your welcome and for allowing me to join the site.

Take care

Mollie x

Welcome Mollie!

As Blondie has already said, anything that you want to know, just ask .... many of us are now a year or more into our recovery, so I'm sure that somebody will be able to help.

Everybody is very friendly, so feel free to have a moan or groan when you like, that's what support is all about.

Hope that you find the site useful....xxx

Hello Molly and welcome

Your not alone here. Lack of support and backup is all too common after SAH. Thank goodness for sites like this. There are a lot of good people here that can help you with anything you need to know, or if you just need to talk.

Regards

Keith

Hi Mollie

Yep same scenario here - no help or advice when I left hospital. I found this site because of that reason - and believe me this site is better than any doctor or Neurosurgeon I have spoken to since. The only way to know what to expect and whether what you're experiencing is normal is to talk to someone who has gone through an SAH - and GP and Neurosurgeons don't fit into that category - yeah they fix us but they know nothing of the aftermath that we have to go through.

This site has been a god send to me and I hope you get as much out of as I have. Feel free to scream, shout, cry and laugh - it's what we're all here for.

Speak soon

Sami xxx

Hi Molly,

Recovery takes time and you are early days at the moment. I got most of my info regarding recovery from the net, here, Headway, books etc.

I searched everywhere. This place is still my favourite though. The experiences of SAH survivors has been invaluable to us.

Welcome to the site.

Andy