Hi I'm Peggy

Guest Pegbrzz

Guest Pegbrzz

Hello, my name is Peggy. I had a ruptured aneurysm in "the circle of Willis", which resulted in a subarachnoid hemmorrhage on Oct. 19th 2003. Yes it has been 4 years since, but I still suffer from terrible side effects.

I was rushed to the hospital with severe symptoms. I had a headache so bad felt as though i had to hold my head to keep it from exploding. While waiting on the ambulance I could actually feel the vein burst and hear the blood rush out with ever heart beat. Has anyone else experienced hearing their aneurysm burst?

Surgery was performed on me to repair the aneurysm. I actually had two of them, side by side. One burst and the other was very close to bursting and was clamped off.

One week after my surgery I developed bacterial menengitis. Shortly after I recovered from that, I developed hydrocephalus. The ventricles in my brain were damaged from either the hemorrage or the menengitis. I was rushed back into surgery and had shunts placed to do the job of the damaged ventricles. Unfortunately they only worked for a few weeks. I was back in surgery to have another set implanted. They also failed. I am now on my 3rd set of shunts. To this day I still have problems with hydrocephalus and drainage of my shunts. Here it is 4 years later and I am still feeling bad most days and not able to work or be up for more than a few hours. Does anyone else have shunts and if so have you experienced problems with them? I still have trouble with my gait (when I'm tired I stagger like I'm drunk). I get headaches, my eyes are sensitive to light. At times it feels like I have a tight band around my head. I developed double vision and had to have it corrected through surgery. I get tired very easy, and just feel generally bad most times. I think it was one day out of 4 years when I felt like I did before my aneurysm.

Also did any of you suffer severe nausea post aneurysm? I had severe nausea and vomiting for months after the rupture. But I am still very happy to be alive and if this is the best that it gets I can live with it! :)

Thank you all for listening and I look forward to hearing from you. Hope you are all enduring a steady recovery, and know that you are not alone in your fight for feeling normal again.

Take care and wishing you all a speedy and successful recovery.

:) Peggy

Hi Peggy, welcome to the site.

Nice to hear from you. You will like this site, everyone is warm and friendly.

I personally would not be the person that I am now if it were not for the support I've received from this site.

So, welcome aboard.

H xx :D

Guest Pegbrzz

Thank you so much Holly. I am so excited to have found this site. Until now I was the only one I knew of who suffered the same injury as I. I know this site will help me tremendously.

:) Peggy

Hi Peggy

And a warm welcome to the site...

Yes I have a shunt thats coiled and sealed I also got viral menigitis after I got home from rehab hospital, the shunt didnt do the job then so they also put a tube into my brain that drains out the fluid my brain, it produces to many vitimins, the shunt & tube react to the weather so at times its a bit :( but you just gotta :lol: havent you.

Hope to hear from you soon

Louise.x

Hi Peggy

Welcome to the family.

I felt/heard my anni pop - almost like a bubble bursting - luckily my bleed wasn't too severe and I haven't had many repercussions - I don't have a shunt either but really feel for the guys on the website that do have them.

As everyone else has said - this site has been a godsend to me and I wouldn't be the person I am now either if it wasn't for all the guys on here.

Look forward to hearing more from you.

Sami xxx

Guest Samijoliz

Dear Peggy,

What an ordeal you have been through. I'm glad you found this place, there are many kind people here who will listen and offer support. I hope that you are able to get the rest you need. I think you'll like it here.

Welcome.

Blessings

P.S. I felt my anneurysm pop, but it was kind of a spreading pain, I didn't hear anything. It was by chance that I even mentioned the pain, I had gone to the emergency room for something else. I haven't had any surgery yet (hope to keep it that way). Blessings to you.

Samantha

Hi Peggy,

You seem to suffer a few of the things that I do ... I find walking really difficult and like yourself, I would say that I walk with a stagger or like a "toddler" and have to stop myself from veering all over the place.

I don't have a shunt, but feel as though my vision has probably impeded me .... I had a third nerve palsy and my eyes still don't quite line up ... which doesn't help when you're trying to walk .... I tend to walk on the road, rather than the pavement, as I can't cope too well with the up's and down's and at least with the road, I can walk on a level surface.

Welcome to the website and I hope that you'll find some comfort from it..xx

Hi Peggy,

I've got a shunt and when I get overtired I have problems with my gait. I have a constant pain in my right hip which gets worse with fatigue, also I have the same symptons you describe in regards to head pain. I've been lucky in terms of my shunt working and touch wood it's been OK in the three years I've had it.

Scott

Hi Peggy

Welcome to the site, good to meet you :)

Thanks for sharing your story with us. Like you, I have 2 aneurysms, one ruptured, one did not. Both coiled. I think I heard mine rupture. As for nausea - I was sick in the first couple of hours, but not after that. I do suffer a lot from feeling sick now though, I guess it's that I feel queasy a lot. Sometimes it stops me eating, which is annoying, but like you say - I can live with it ;) Anyway, hope that helps.

I love your attitude btw, fair play to you

Take care,

Blondie