Paranoid! Loud noise :( is it okay?

Hi  :) i had my bleed on July 9.  i have been doing great, other than the fatigue.  tonight is my first night out and i brought my daughter to a Def Leppard concert.  now i can't enjoy myself because I'm paranoid from the noise :( Aargh!  I don't want to leave.

Any stories you can share will help!

• Like 1

Hours before my SAH, my Sister was phoning me and I was cooking hubs tea/curry and she moaned about her son.  This went on for approx. 1 hour plus.  I tried being polite but she then moaned about our Sister and in the meantime my hubby came in with some wine. 

My head was banging listening to my Sisters tales of woe.  She had already phoned me at lunch time and I told her I wasn't feeling great.  Anyway back to me cooking a curry, I passed out and he/hubs took the phone and said to my Sis something is wrong with Win can you get off the phone I need to call ambulance.  She got off I assume lol and since that day,  I cannot take anyone shouting or telling me their tales of woes.

I wish you well and Keep away from Concerts  lol and always think of happy stuff and go to bed with a smile when possible xx

Good luck in recovery Suzy and early days yet xxxx it does get better.  Although I cannot take arguments anymore or others problems apart from on here lol  xx

Regards

WinB143 xx  Always go to bed with a happy thought xxxx

• Like 1

HI Suzy :)

Goodness me you were brave !!!!

I could not bare loud noise for a long time after my SAH. I certainly could not have gone to a concert as also struggle with crowds. Things did gradually improve over time though.

One thing i could suggest if you have not already, is get some ear plugs.

They really helped me . As Win has said maybe avoid Concerts for a while ;)  you are still very early in your recovery.

Take care

Tina xx

• Like 1

Hi Suzy

i had an SAH in May. Like you I struggled with loud noises. Even the telly being too loud would drive me mad at first. 

It has gradually improved. I find that I'm ok for an hour or 2 and then suddenly the noise overwhelms me. 

I did manage to go to the cinema last evening and I lasted for the whole show. So chin up!  It does get better x

• Like 2

Hey Suzy

Yes very brave Def Leppard Wow!! know what you mean but you will be able to enjoy things again - its not really been that long since your SAH. I too was the same,  but have been to things. Just took a few years but really enjoyed them when I did..

I know people use ear plugs - they don't work at all for me they make my balance problem worse than the noise problem...

• Like 2

Hi Suzy

I had my SAH in the August and was at a Pink concert in the November - didn't really affect me that much and the noise didn't bother me.  However, just going into the city centre or supermarket to shop was a nightmare.

What is it about the noise that makes you paranoid?  Is it paranoia or anxiety or even excitement? I used to struggle to differentiate between anxiety and excitement as they both cause the same feeling in my stomach.  I know it's hard but try to think about the feeling itself rather than how it made you feel.  In the meantime though, as the others said, avoid anything that makes you feel this way.

• Like 1

I had my nasah in March & have more or less fully recovered. I went to a club a few weeks ago for my daughters 19th birthday. I was fine with the loud music & all the while I was with people I knew. But my hubby went to get our coats & i all of a sudden panicked as i lost sight of our friends. I was so relieved when he came back?

Also I've recently gone back to work in a school. I've settled back in & everyone has been lovely. But sometimes in the staff room when several conversations are happening at once, i find it really overwhelming & hard to concentrate. I never had anxiety /panic attacks before, but i guess its something i have to deal with.

• Like 2

Wow Suzy, first off well done for getting to a gig within 3 month of your bleed, that is amazing even if it didn't quite go to plan. Its still such early days and give it a bit of time and hopefully the paranoia will subside. I think its quite common (it was for me) that certain situations especially for the first time post bleed cause varying degrees of paranoia. These days 18 months down the line I rarely get paranoid attacks, so hang in there. 

I am also slightly jealous, like some of the others here I can't really tolerate loud music any more and it's worse if I try to divide my attention and talk to people over a background of music (or any loud his noise). I had to give my ticket away for a gig (New Model Army; anyone heard of them?) just before Christmas last year that i had really been looking forward to and working towards since I had got out of hospital. Kicker was it was apparently a stunning gig and quite a few of my childhood friends landed up being there and had a great time........

• Like 1