I am perfectly sane

Hi All

I just feel like ranting a bit and getting this off my chest. Quite often if I am involved in a discussion with people and when I give my thoughts or opinions they tend to dismiss me as if to say "Well he has had a brain haemorrhage", I feel like exploding and telling them that my intelligence is as it was if not better. OK I am lucky to have survived and am in the minority but I am ****** well sane. Fortunately my neighbours consider me normal and entrust me to liase with the council and police on various matters. Frequently however I find if I am in a discussion whether it be in a pub, coffee shop or wherever people tend to drift away from me and talk amongst themselves. Please don't say I am imagining it because I'm not. I could go on but I feel better for that.

Hope everyone is OK and enjoying the wonderful weather.

Cheers

John

Hi John people used to do that to me aswell however I told them no I am not thick I wasn't before it and I certainly ain't after it. Jess.xxx

They don't do it anymore. LOL. And the weather is great hope your enjoying it aswell.

Hi John

That has not happened to me yet!!! I still have really bad short term memory and have to double check everything and also say things or words that I am not thinking sometimes!! It is going to get better, as time goes on I know, because like you I am perfectly sane!!! People just dont think sometimes, unless they have had a brain haemorrhage and hopefully they wont, they will never understand..... John you are perfectly sane :D

Take care

Love Tinaxx

John,

I must admit i think i've been fairly lucky with this sort of thing and people tend to still be fine with me.

People have asked me though if because I have had a 'brain problem' (their words!) that I am now struggling for intelligence!! I say no and that sometimes I get my words mixed up but still it does not affect my intelligence!!

Laura

xx

Hi John

Rant all you like. That's what we're here for.

I think that SAH can change our personalities somewhat even if we don't notice it ourselves. When I first returned to work, I found that some people would avoid talking to me, but it's fine now and no one treats me any different. As for being sane, I don't suffer from insanity ... I enjoy every minute of it :lol:

Regards

Keith

Hi Keith

It's interesting what you say re personality changing. I think I probably speak my mind more since my SAH without thinking of the consequences. It's subtle and don't think anyone has noticed yet. Also when a certain politician appears on TW looking very smug, I have to switch the TV off as I can't bear his self-satisfied look - I've never felt as strongly as that before!

John - you may want to challenge these people who you feel dismiss you. It will be coming from their ignorance of and fear of a SAH. It might be better done on a one to one rather than as a group, I don't know.

Bestest

Anne

Hi John,

Not quite sure with us if people think Jim is not quite the same after the Sah or if they do not know how to react with him. We went to a Mother's day lunch yesterday and saw many family members we have not seen in some time and they almost were unsure how to greet him when we arrived. By the end of the day things were fine. I hate the idea that people are looked at differently because of the SAH but I believe it might be human nature that people do not know how to react. It does hurt sometimes :( because it can make the person who has suffered uncomfortable and that is so unnessary.

Cold here today in Boston. Think Spring turned into Fall.

Stay well!

Cal

XXXX

It used to make my blood boil the way people reacted with me, in the early days I asked my nephew was he scared of me or something, his reply was NO, I havent seen him all that much since then :roll: hey his loss, but yes its human nature - sadly......its happened to me a lot John so your not alone.....

Take care

Louise.x

Hi

Thanks for replies I'm glad I'm not going bonkers. I do accept that I may have had a personality change but lately I have had to make a few important decisions which people have questioned yet at the end of the day they turned out to be right. I am still the old me albeit a bit battered and bruise inside and a little slower.

Enjoy the rest of the weather.

Cheers

John