Hair Loss

Hi Myratas

I did quite bit at first, but I put it down to not washing my hair everyday in hospital, as I would normally. I think it stopped after about 3 months. Hopefully yours will to. It could just be the shock to your body, it is still very early days.

Take care

Love Tinaxx

Hi Myra,

My hair has got v.thin since the SAH (I was colied) ..... stress can cause it, as can the side effects of certain drugs (I take a beta blocker called Propranolol and hair loss/thinning is one of its side effects) or there can be other problems, such as underactive thyroid ..... have you spoken to your GP?

Hi Myra

Haven't had hair loss as such, but my hair now parts over where the coil must be situated and that lock of hair also will not take a colour. My sister is a hairdresser and thinks its very strange!

Hugs

Lesley xxx

Hi Myra

I remember reading somewhere that hair loss can happen after coiling but it does return to normal in time. My hair feels different on the side of the head where I was coiled, almost more wiry, definitely different texture though don't think I've had hair loss.

Best

Anne x

Sharon's hair on her right side is a different in texture to the left, although there is no bone flap there and it's just a recess, there hasn't been any thinning. The recess does cause concern when her hair is being washed but there hasn't been any problems so far. Only recently the hairdresser put a colour on her hair which was a bit of an ordeal - I had to hold Sharon's head while she balanced a dish to rinse it, resulting in quite a bit of water everywhere. Sharon was wondering what the hell was going on, bless her, but she looks ten times better.

Phil