needing reassurance

does anyone or did anyone have problems with feeling faint???

Its one of the things that really scare me because the last thing i remember was one minute conscious then coming round 3 days later in hospital...... My hubby says they sedated me because i was in so much pain but i dont remember that.....

This is proberly 1 of the major things i REALLY am scared of reduces me to tears and shakes and panic attacks x x x

Going to talk to my councellor about it because people say it could my anxiety x

Hey Donna

When you worry about the feeling faint then you will panic - it's natural - but this makes the shaking worse and then everything kinda snowballs. Like I said in my text, the counselling will do you the world of good - it gives you the chance to talk to someone "out of the loop" about how you're feeling about everything and how things make you feel. Remember though, you're only 3 - 4 months in so you're still at the very early stage of recovery. It took me months before I stopped feeling faint and having dizzy spells - especially in the supermarket or in town. I used to have mini panic attacks when we met up with friends in the pub too. It will get easier but talking to the counsellor will help no end.

Take care hun

love Sami xxx

Hi Donna yes they are right I would start to worry then go a bit dizzy then start to panic my heart would race I would feel like I was gonna pass out then my head would hurt panic more its just one vicious circle one you need to break. Jess.xxx

PS but I am alive :lol:

How do people go back to work at 3 months x x wish i could x x

I think i am doing what everyone else did want to be how i was NOW x

I miss the girls at work that is where i had a laugh and really enjoy my job miss it loads x x got a training day on tuesday with some new soft wear i'm really nervous but going dont have to stay all day just take my time boss said x

Hey Donna

I didn't manage to start back at work til 7 months and then only on a phased return. I still can't work full time as I find that the 30 hours I do at the moment is very tiring and need to spend most weekends relaxing.

Enjoy meeting up with your work friends next week just remember to take things slowly on the training day. The best advice I recieved for working back on screens was to take a break every 20 minutes just to rest the eyes and it really helped quite a lot in the first few months.

Janet x

Hi Donna

Everyone's recovery takes a different amount of time.

I'm 8 months post SAH now, and still have days when you'd think I'd just left the hospital - had a few the past few weeks because of the atmospheric pressure of low cloud, overcast and grey. (Even though its warm the past few days and this morning, its still very low pressure here and I keep getting piercing nerve pains behind my right eye).

Re: returning to work, I really should try and do a few days later in the year 'cos quite frankly we could do with the money. But right now, even having had an afternoon with a couple of girlfriends, the next day I'm wasted, so in the immediate future it really isn't an option.

Take your time, see how you go. As Sami says, you are very early in your recovery...

Listen to your body, if it starts to do strange things, weird pains etc, you've been overdoing it, its as simple as that. It puts out strange pains etc to MAKE YOU STOP!

Big hug

Lesley xxx

Hi Donna

I think you're doing really well. When I used to have panic attacks, I did a couple of sessions with the nurse at my local practice on breathing properly and I found that helped so maybe you could ask your counsellor about this as breathing properly can stop it turning into a fullblown panic attack and you feel a bit more in control.

I hope your course goes well. You are doing well thinking about attending it only 3 months post SAH. It was 6 months before I started back at work on a staged return, I'm now in week 8 of being back and the last 2 weeks have been easier but the first 6 were horrendous and I felt ill with exhaustion.

I think it's quite unusual to go back to work after 3 months so I wouldn't use 3 months as a measure. I've found improvement so slow and that seems to be the norm and I don't see it on a day-to-day basis or week-to-week but maybe a wee bit on month-to-month.

Best wishes

Anne x

Guest yasmin

Hi Donna

I went back to work less than 3 months post op and it was stupid I was in denial and thought it was all going to be the same, very very nieave(spelling) of me, If I could turn the clocks back I would have had at least 6months off as going back to early just caught up in the end and I still feel as though my SAH was last week some days as I'm still suffering from the brain fatique. So take my advise don't rush back make the most of the time you have off and try to enjoy the rest :D

Panic attacks are also common more so in the early stages I've just finished a course of CBT and it helped a great deal try it if you can, but be assured that nobody ever died from a panic attack just go with them they will soon pass.

Take care

Yasmin

:D