Hello, I'm back again!

Guest adyrob

Hello everyone, I hope you are all well. First of all, may I say a big thank you. I know I have already re: the first survey, but what I really wanted to say is thankyou for all your kind messages, both for myself and my studies, and also the kind messages toward my family. They are very much appreciated.

If you feel up to it I have put together another small survey. It really should take no more than a few minutes, but what it would give me would be masses of useful info.

Please follow the link again, and thank you all so very much,

Best wishes, Adrian

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=f ... vJyw_3d_3d

I'll say one thing, for all your problems, trials and tribulations, you all have a great sense of humour!!!!!!!! For all who are far too quick for this ageing student, the modelling referred to was of the small, plastic planes, trains and automobile type, not London, New York and Paris catwalk type!!! Anyway, I can't help it if you fall off the catwalk as somebody noted, maybe your high heels are too high!!!!

What is it about the veggie peeler that is troublesome? If one was made that held the veggie whilst you operated a peeler would that help? or is it the 'handed' side of things. I am left handed, and you would think that we were the devil's own children judging by the lack of easy to use implements

I've done the survey, thanks Ady ..... would love a decent veggie peeler ...... I've bought loads since having the SAH and none of them are brilliant ... good luck with it all ....xxx

Hi Ady,

I'm definetely too old for modelling.....can't do killer heels.... :wink: Glad that we make you smile.... :D By the way, Planes, trains and automobiles is one of my favourite movies ..... with Steve Martin and John Candy ..... bought the DVD a couple of years ago and always bring it out before xmas....but I don't do Air-Fix kits..... :wink:

Re: Veg peeler ....

Devil's own child here too...I'm also left handed ..... with my writing.... but like Jess, have grown up using both hands & left feeling a bit confused in the process ..... not much choice in the matter as mostly, things were taught that way or made for right handed people. I can remember trying to teach my kids how to tie shoe laces ... they are both right handed and couldn't understand why they couldn't grasp it .....D'oh!!

maybe because it looked back to front for them.... :lol:

Would love a veg peeler that is suited to either hand ...... the handle is also important ..... would love to be able to grasp it properly, like a small/pearing (if that's the right word) sharp knife handle ..... most veggie peelers seem to have the most weird handles .... too thick or too small to be able to use them at speed and grip them properly, without slicing off my nails or skin......which I do on a regular basis. My eyesight can be a bit dodgy (especially so in the earlier days) so use my sense of touch quite a lot now.

I've spent a small fortune on the damned things and have a good selection in my drawer ..... for speed with peeling veg, I like to be able to scrape away from me (less dangerous.. :wink: ) but with most peelers I find that I can only scrape towards me .... if that makes sense.

If you can come up with something that can grasp the vegetable and peel it with a decent conventional peeler ..... then I would buy it tomorrow...

Hope this helps.....xx

Louise, thanks for that will look the peeler up on the net. xx

Karen its exactly what it says a good grip I'm right handed but have always mostly used my left even 'before' got my knuckles wrapped at school for writing with my left hand which is probably why......I'd spent a fortune on ones too till I got this one......

L.xx

Thanks Louise you reminded me that mine was good grips!

Karn- mine is the good grips serrated peeler- I don't necessarily have trouble with the grip but i don't have the strength to peel as it puts a strain on my head and makes it hurt so i wanted a stronger peeler. Stupid i know but ant strain and my head really hurts. This peeler suits me most of time. Still struggle with veg such as swede though- both peeling and cutting

Love and hugs

Laura

xx

Thanks Laura ..... I'll nip into the shop at the weekend.....could do with taking a carrot with me and testing the different ones out! :wink:

Swede peeling is my worse too ..... but my Dad gave me a tip when he saw me struggling with one and that's to cut wedge shaped portions from the swede .... like a piece of cake and then peel the individual portion.....much easier to handle and peel.

Hey I'm left handed too! Can we do a left hand/right hand survey??? Would be really interesting to know.

I'm one of five children (middle one) and the sequence goes:

Girl - left handed

Boy - right handed

Girl - left handed

Boy - right handed

Girl - left handed

Both my parents are/were right handed but my maternal grandfather was left handed.

My big sister was always getting bashed on the hand with a ruler at school to make her use her right hand. Didn't work! That barbarism stopped before I got to school but, like most of you have said, I too write with my left hand, use a spoon with my left hand but do most other things with my right hand probably out of necessity.

Sas xxx

I was taught to write at school with a fountain pen, and as such had to use an 'over the top' style. this has led to many a comment about my 'strange' left handed style!

Ady - My writing is "big" (could never do small).... I was also taught italics and to write with a fountain pen ..... I can still do the italic stuff, but haven't used a fountain/italic pen for years....

Sarah, there's obviously quite a few of us left handers then.... interesting to know about your family history ..... we should do a poll here.....would be good to know what the ratio is .... I also use a spoon in my left, but do the majority of stuff with my right.....

HI EVERYONE

MY GRAND MOTHER WAS NOT ALLOWD TO TO USE HER LEFT HAND BUT MY MOTHER WAS I AM RIGHT HANED BUT WHEN I WAS 9 I BROKE MY RIGHT WRIST AND THE TEACHER TRIED TO MAKE ME USE MY LEFT THAT WAS NOT HAPPENING BUT NOW I FIND MY SELF ABLE TO EAT LEFT HANDED. A BIT STRANGE.

LOVE AND HUGS EVELYN :mrgreen:

Hi Louise, I had the most stern english teacher who taught me to write with the fountain pen. Luckily for me she was also left handed (if you had seen her, no, you wouldn't have wrapped her knuckles, no way!) She showed lots of patience with all my smudges. I got it in the end, but some say even today that they can't read my writing.

It is a cunning trick for a student to carry out... no other student at uni copies my notes!!!

Interesting to know I wasnt the only one at school that got my knuckles wrapped for using my pencle with left hand, I ended up being able to use both which if very handy now....

Louise.x