Hello from Majella

Majella

A 60 something Australian female who suffered A Grade 1 SAH with no identified cause and Grade 4 on the modified Fisher Scale. Frontal Lobe, large volume early in January 2020. Told it would be 12 months to recovery. At this point I'm 23 weeks in.

Fatigue, confabulation, headaches, cognitive skills, emotional lability, memory problems, ongoing daily challenges.  Senses, sleep and gut have all improved. Have had to give up work which has been hard to let go of.

Very glad to have found this site as there's not much info out their really.

Kind regards

Majella

Hi there

Warm welcome, glad that you found us...

No there isn't a lot of info out there, fatigue, headaches, cognitivie skills, emotional rellercoaster, memory all normal in my view.

take things slow and easy, keep well hydrated helps with the headaches...  Listen to your body when you feel you want to rest then rest don't push yourself on...  routine helps well I think so anyway.

hope the site helps you, knowing your not alone is the main thing...

take care, stay-safe.

Hi Majella :) 

A very warm welcome to BTG.

You are still in the early stages of recovery. As Louise & Casey have said, things do improve and get better. Just takes time and we all recover differently.

So glad you found BTG. It has been a Godsend to me. Lots of helpful information and caring support from others who understand what you are going through.

Look forward to hearing more from you.

Take care, rest up lots and pace yourself. 

Tina xx

Hi Majella,

One good thing about being in the 60 plus range is that we are good at adapting to change as we get older, perhaps because our lives are changing anyway.  Life's experiences and maturity often mean we take change in a more philosophical way.

Remember, as you move on, that resting well is as important as working well, so listen to your body, it will tell you when you have had enough.

Remember too, that there is still much in life to enjoy and marvel at.

If you want to ask questions just fire away, someone will answer you and let those around you see the site as well, there is much that they can learn as well in their efforts to help you cope.

Good luck Majella, we hope to hear much more from you - welcome to our world!

Best wishes,

Macca

Hi Majella,

Welcome to BTG and I can tell you I was so happy to have found this site also...As I read each of those who responded before me  I am reminded this is a wonderful site giving positive support and encouragement.. I was 64 when I had my SAH followed by vasospasm.  I also had no cause identified.  

I just hit 3 years in May, each year feeling more like myself.  Time has been the key for me...and my brain won't be hurried as much as I wished it would have.   Be gentle with yourself, rest when you feel the need, keep hydrated and please know you have support here...

xx Jean

Thanks for responding Jean. It is a bewildering experience. I noticed the number of people who have talked about the importance of hydration so am giving that much attention at the moment.

Kind regards

Majella

Majella, agree with all that has been said. Sah is a fine tutor of patience as go too fast or push too hard and your brain will let you know the signals and it’s time to reign in, steady yourself and rest. It means you have over stimulated the healing nerv3 Centre that controls everything, that takes a bit of getting used to.

try to see it as an opportunity to be curious about what is this new possible, what can you do today you couldn’t yesterday. Celebrate every small success. Know some things out of reach today may return but only at the pace that’s possible, not the pace you might wish. 

Practice gratiitude , it helps with patience as you can mark progress and there’s will be. 

Take care. Steady now 

Daff 

Archived