Upcoming recoiling and stent procedure

Hi everyone 

I hope you are all keeping well. 
I have a date now and am having this procedure in August so feeling nervous but also relieved. Although the nervousness is taking over at the moment! 

I have to go for the pre-op assessment next week so it will become very real then. 

They have said that it will only be a one night stay after. I’m wondering if the recovery is easier for this without the bleed this time. It certainly seems to be from what I’ve read on here.

I’m just trying to hold on to what I read here that when you wake up you no longer have it hanging over you and can put it all behind you. That is what I am trying to focus on.

Any other advice or experience will be gratefully received!

Thanks in advance. 

• Like 5

Hi Dawny. I certainly understand your comment “feeling nervous but also relieved” ~ and, have you in my thoughts and prayers. I try to keep myself busy on a house project or gardening so I do not perseverate about a procedure when they come up. Also, keep well hydrated. Sending hugs. ~ Kathy (Colorado) 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Kathy said:

Hi Dawny. I certainly understand your comment “feeling nervous but also relieved” ~ and, have you in my thoughts and prayers. I try to keep myself busy on a house project or gardening so I do not perseverate about a procedure when they come up. Also, keep well hydrated. Sending hugs. ~ Kathy (Colorado) 

Thank you Kathy and Louise, appreciate it. 
Good tip about the hydration - i will make extra effort. All being well I will come back and share my experience.

• Like 2

Hello Dawny .... so glad to hear that  procedure date is has at last been set for next month.

Well done for coping so well with such an extended wait. There is always a measure of anxiety with any procedure, and more so when our brains are the area in question.

Please continue to be positive for these remaining few weeks, and I can`t imagine the feeling of relief and satisfaction when you are eventually discharged and able to concentrate on the rest of your life.

Those close to you are probably even more anxious than you are yourself.... spare them a thought too. :thumbsup:

Take care and best wishes for `that` date in August.

Subs

• Like 2

Thank you so much subzero and Tina. Your kind thoughts and wishes mean so much. 

Yes that is a very good point about people close to me. I will be positive and strong for them too.

Great advice, I will focus on that moment! I must remember how lucky I am that they have been so thorough monitoring me and making sure I am safe.

Looking forward to sharing the good news in August. 

Thanks again everyone. your replies are much appreciated. 

• Like 2