back to work!

Just wanted to tell everyone that thursday i went back to work after 6 months....:-D..just for two hours a day at the moment as that is all the drs would allow but at least i can see a light at the end of a very long tunnel. managed to go back after initial sah but after 2nd op it seemed an eternity.Found it terrifying on thurs and fri and was so tired i could hardly get myself home afterwards even though i only live 5 minutes walk from the pharmacy where i work. It knocked me for six and i have slept and slept (4 hours yesterday afternoon) Today i feel fairly good though and ready for my two hours tomorrow. had results back from neuropsychologist and all pretty good so i think its just time that is going to help me improve although back to see her thursday. Has anyone else got any tips on how to prepare for going back to work? housework is going out the window im afraid. I will keep pushing myself to do more but dont know how long it will take. Lots of hospital appointments for areas affected but I feel i am very lucky though, so all that are in early stages of recovery dont give up !:-D

Take care everyone

Love caz xx

Hi Caz :-D Well done you on your return to work ! :) I cant help with advice either, as have not yet returned, hope to in the New Year.

All i can say about the housework side is, it will wait, dont do yourself in trying to do everything. When i go back i am going to ask my husband and two kids to help out as much as they can. My kids are grown up, so should not be too much to ask!

Make sure you rest up lots and dont over do it as Rod has just said.

Take care

Love Tina xx

Hi Caz

Well done on your return to work. Take it steady is my biggest piece of advice. I foolishly did toomuch and ended up off work for months, then returned and did the same again.

Listen to your body and when you are tired, give in to it. I'm just over 3 years now and i'm still notgood at giving in :oops::oops:

Hi Caz

Well done on getting back to work. I think your feelings of fatigue are normal. I went back to work 6 months after my SAH. I started with 3 afternoons per week and I remember after my first Monday afternoon I went home, collapsed into bed and didn't get up until the Wednesday morning, I was just so exhausted. But it's got easier. I think just now concentrate on geting through work and leave housework for another time. I think you've done the hardest bit, getting back.

best wishes

Anne x

thanks to all for your replies xx

Yes i am finding it hard at the moment and want to scream when its not going to plan or when patients are being impatient waiting for prescriptions etc but i guess it will get better as it goes along. soooooo tired but think im the lucky one to get back to work

take care all

love caz x