Keep a check on Blood Pressure

Hi everyone. I would just like to pass on my recent experiences. Went to the doctor on Monday as I hadn't been feeling too well since I moved here in December.. Thought it was just down to the move but my blood pressure was very high, 180/105. I was immediately put on medication and it seems to have lowered it almost right away.

So I just thought I would share this with everyone as I thought I had everything covered!

Worthwhile keeping a check on it.

My symptoms were headache and fuzzy head, so I thought it was just a normal part of recovery as I had been told to expect headaches.

Bye for now momo.

Hi momo high blood pressure seems to be very much a part of this illness for some people, Merrill has been very high although I was told by a doc that he would not be concerned untill hers reach 240/over something she's now about 140/90 and thats how it's been for a while now they never seem to check it enough for me, so i bought a monitor and used to check it daily when i told the doc that i'd kept a record of her b/p but a few days were missing because the machine went wrong she said GOOD, i don't think she likes me interfering, anyway glad to hear you are getting on ok Best wishes Rod

Hi,

Mine b/p was high about a year before sah so i bought a lloyds tester and was told to by my Gp. mine still differs everyday especially when i have pain it goes up and thats normal i am told. My radiologist said he would be happy if it was about 130-65 which the lowest i have had is 123-63 the highest 175-110 which is scary.

Louise the same happened to me it was so high.

Take care michelle x

Hi Michelle

I have been on tablets for high BP for about 6 or 7 months now. I did have borderline-high BP readings for years, and then last year one of my doctors put me on tablets. The 3rd different tablet is the one I am back on now following the nimodipine after my op.

The day I was eventually diagnosed with SAH my BP wa 210/108, which is the highest it has ever been as far as I am aware. It was back at 135/78 last thursday, so fingers crossed it is stabilising again now.

My doctor today said I only need get it checked every 3 months for now, and if still ok then every 6mths

Rgds

Kelley x

I have been on 5 different tablets for high BP since my SAH apparently there is a problem with me getting high BP so I now need to keep visiting the cardiologists too. I do get stressed so quickly and nervous and this morning I was the same too which gave a reading of 193/121 I know I need to go back to GP regarding this but I won't let me stress about it too much.

Hi

My blood pressure shot up 4 months after my SAH. It was through the roof at my hospital follow up appointment last July. The doc at the hospital got me a little worried with his reaction!! He told me to get straight to my GP and get it sorted, he then said that it was very dangerous for me!!! I had to reassure him that my GP was treating it and was tryng to get under control! No one has told me why is went up.

I take a beta blocker in the morning and an ace inhibitor in the evening. This medication slows me down and aggrivates the fatigued. I get my BP checked every month. I've been strict with my diet and even drink beetroot juice every day in the hope that I could get off these tabs. Nearly got the tabs reduced in December but stress at worked has knocked that into touch!!

Liz xx

Hey Louise

They were wheeling me into have the angio with the B/p test still on my arm and they kept checking it until it would go a little lower but they were not happy......strangest thing tho was the angio hurt so much they thought and still do think that i was getting myself worked up which i wasn't and the results turned out to show i needed more coiling done it was the same pain as the sah but obviously on a smaller scale if you can have one:roll:. I then had 3 more coils put in.....i can tell you now i dont want the angio in 2011 as i have a neck on it:frown:.

I do take three bp tablets two ramipril and i indapamide.

Love Michelle xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

• 2 weeks later...

Have just done my BP it was the same as usual, tonight it was 116/59 its about that every day at about 6 pm after dinner and Bath. Think thats ok so ive been told. I have my own BP machine which i had become rather addicted to but now i do it just once a day. LOL

I dont take BP tablets though I take aspirin and Statins and Perstatin.