Just graduated/ Discharged!!

Hello all. Great news, I have been discharged from my neuro rehab programon Tuesday. I am now able to sustain activity for 6 hours and have regained control of my emotions. (Not crying at the drop of a hat) I need to keep on my cog program for life to stay sharp, but wow do I ever feel better. It was a great program but I hated it!:biggrin: You know what that's like I am sure. Now I am going to write a book and become a motivational speaker. Thank God I had an SAH otherwise I wouldn't have anything to share about what I've learned so far.

Good Morning to you.:biggrin:

What a positive attitude you are giving off.:lol:

I am very pleased for you to hear that you have finished your Rehab programme. Going to write a book sounds fantastic. Is it about your SAH experience or a novel. If its about motivation you sound to have the perfect tools for the job.:-P

Good luck in your new venture and good luck for a very long and healthy future.:lol:

Wow! That's fantastic!! You're giving me hope - the more I try and do, the more I realise I can't do it... FOR NOW, but to know there's light at the end of the tunnel, that's so reassuring.

And Karen, I also give thanks that BTG exists because it must be very hard to go it alone. Thank you!

Hey Linda

Nice to have you back and with such good news too!!! Well done you - brilliant. So pleased for you hun. As for the book, cracking idea - I've often thought about it but its finding the time really.

Keep up the good work xx

You are such an inspiration!! Remind us again, how long was your neuro rehab program and what did it consist of? I’m looking forward to reading ‘Your Story’ as a prelude to your book!!

The only rehab I received came in the form of physio in the acute stage, other than that, I just pulled myself up and got on with life! However, five and a half years pass and suddenly, Winchester Clinical Psychology department, are offering cognitive testing and support. Today, my first session, focused on short & long term memory; which I found gruelling heavy work. Next Friday’s will be on assessing skills at decision making, organisation and planning. With these results it is hoped a programme will be designed specifically to meet my cognitive needs! My memory once was brilliant and if they can devise a program to recover it, that would be magic! I don’t think it’s ever too late to repair and strengthen these core skills, and as you say, we should all keep on a cognitive program for life!!

Anya xx