was your SAH preceeded by exercise or something strenous ?

SAH preceeded by strenous or physical activity ?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. SAH preceeded by strenous or physical activity ?

• yes
    • no

Hi Surfer,

My SAH occurred while I was working out at the gym on Saturday. Also, my new job at a “startup” was overwhelming (I was a department of 1) and a major deadline was coming up. I already started working weekends from home and was planning to work after the gym.

Grace

Hi Surfer,

My SAH occurred while I was working out at the gym on Saturday. Also, my new job at a “startup” was overwhelming (I was a department of 1) and a major deadline was coming up. I already started working weekends from home and was planning to work after the gym.

Grace

were you doing a specific exercise when it happened ?

Hi Surfer,

I was using a “rowing” weight machine. The machine is such that you sit with your chest up against the back board. Then you pull your arms back. I remember it happened when my arms were pulled back (not when I released the weights).

Grace

I had been "fired" (not "made redundant") 6 months before, and was temping in a very stressful department at the hospital. In fact, the two women concerned are now under investigation..... That day I could not even get to my desk because of the deliberate mess they made with piles of medical notes etc; I had a meeting with HR about it at lunchtime, and I was told just this week by a colleague that I was grey that day, and not my usual self. I had a stonking headache.

However, I still went to my Pilates class after work, thinking, I've paid for it I'd better go. I remember NOT doing the exercises the others were doing because I was too unwell/tired... so I don't think I overdid it at all.

Came home, sat down and POP. That was one year ago TODAY!!

Hi Kukashika, welcome to the site. I'd never heard of the ISAT trial. I just googled it. Please tell us more about yourself and ISAT in 'introduce yourself'. It sounds very interesting!

Glad you found us!

Sandi K.

Oops, I just realized you've been on since June. Perhaps I just haven't found your story yet. :oops:

My non-annie SAH happened after I had lifted a 100 litre bag of plant compost out of the car on my own . It was a daft thing to do. Dropped it straight away when i felt how heavy it was. Drove off to play golf and was taken ill about 2 hours later. I am convinced it was the lifting that did it. BP has been fine before and since.

:crazy:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Sam

I can totally sympathise with you on this - it was terrfying for me and my hubby too - we didn't dare for months. Paul (hubby) was scared it would happen again, I was scared it would happend again and when we finally did I didn't dare move after - just waited for the popping sensation again, but it didn't happen and as time went we were more relaxed about it. Now, nearly five years on, it's literally the last thing on my mind :lol:

I was massaging a patient when mine happened. Minutes before I had become EXTREMELY angry with another patient who'd said some very inappropriate things to one of my co-workers. I was the supervisor and knew I would have to deal w/that patient. I'm normally a very laid back person, actually have low blood pressure. However, there had been (and still is) a lot of stress in my home life. I've never been good with anger - don't like it (who does :roll:), but now I fear becoming angry and also can't handle it when others express it! Just want to live in peace and harmony! Is there such a place?

Lynne, that's funny!!! :lol:

She was on Piers Morgan on CNN the other night and I was really hoping she would discuss it but all she said was how it was such a bad time for her. There are more articles on the Internet regarding the details of her SAH and her recovery. She would be such a good spokesperson, it's too bad she doesn't talk about it more. It's interesting that both she and Brett Michaels are diabetic and both had SAH's. I'm a sugar hound, I eat healthy but my vice is candy/chocolate.

Sandi K.

I didnt know she had a SAH but I kenw that Brett Micheals had. Apparently Micheals had a perimesencephalic bleed but Stone had a dissection of an artery and actually had surgery and according to her doctor an "aneurysmal pattern" of bleeding.

Yeah I never knew Sharon Stone had one either but knew about Brett Michaels -

Anita Roddick had one too - founder of the Body Shop- unfortunately hers was fatal.

It's strange really, once you've had something you seem to hear more about it - probably association but still weird.

Mine was stress and getting sooooooooooooo annoyed that i had organised that the nursery teacher would look after my little boy (first day at nursery) till i had finished as a Ta in year 4 at 12.00 she said no i am going to the hairdressers:crazy:. I was so angry, i had organised it with her it wasnt a problem...the reception teacher calmed me a little and she said she would have him in her class no problems. I went on playground duty as a swop and boom i spilled my coffee down my trousers as i slide down the fence the rest you all know.

All due to STRESS the school was flooded the month before what with ferrying my kids to two different places and myself back to school to do the clear up with the rest of the staff it must have all built up. The day before a couple of people asked if i was ok and said i didnt look too great i felt ok but they said i looked very grey..my BP was high.

Great thread

Michelle c