Six month scan

Good evening all

I haven't been on for a while been a bit down recently, just got the results of my six month scan from my neurosurgeon he phoned me to tell me it looks like I'll have to go in for more coils to be fitted in me head he is just waiting for a second opinion (be about a month till I here). Not the news I wanted to here I must admit but better safe than sorry eh, but I cant find out what the recovery time is for a second coiling and don't know how much it will put my progress back:confused: can anybody help with any info about the expected recovery time from a second coiling in the same place without the explosion this time.:-D

Ron

Hi Ron,

I remember being pretty devastated when I had the same news as you've just had, but despite being a bit of a wreck in the months leading up to the op, it was not nearly as bad as I'd let myself believe. I had it done on the Wednesday and was out on the Friday, feeling much the same as I did before I went in. I think the coiling is a lot easier for the surgeons 2nd time around as there isn't the blood from the haemorrhage to contend with. As with all major surgery there can be tiredness etc, so a bit more resting I'm afraid. I probably could have returned to work on the Monday, but I didn't want to risk any setback, so in order to rest and recover properly I took approx 6/8 weeks off work. I was surprised and relieved that it didn't actually interfere with my recovery - I hope you will find the same.

All the best,

Sarah

Hi Ron

I was much the same as Kempse. The second op felt like a walk in the park compared to the emergency op after the bleed. I came home the day after my op and think I was off work for 4 weeks due to tiredness and obviously getting over all the stress that had built up waiting for the op. I had the second op 3 months after my bleed was already headachy and tired before the op but it didn't make me any worse and no new problems arose from it.

Good luck with the op and I hope you don,t have to wait too long. It is a worrying time but the relief when it,s over is fantastic, try to focus on how you,ll feel when you wake up knowing that any risk from the anni has been dealt with.

Michelle

You must feel on a downer..But look on the bright side , They found it early this time....Not having a 2nd yet I can only

imagine how you must feel...

My hubby was not going to let me have shunt fitted he was scared I might not make it and I was in cuckooland

but the surgeon helped my husband change his mind phew thanks surgeon...no more dreamland

Good Luck Ron x

WinB143 xx

Thank you all for the very positive and encouraging words I try not to spend to much time worrying about it but I'm sure as you all know easier said than done sometimes, it wouldn't be as bad if you got the phone call and a date at the same time it's the waiting that's the worst. Thank you again you have put my and my wife's mind at rest :-D.

Ron

• 1 month later...

Good evening everybody, just got some good news last week my neurosurgeon has decided not to put more coils in my head but to give me another MRI scan in February 2013 to have another look and make sure all is still well:biggrin:.Cant tell you how happy hearing that has made me tears of joy for a change:lol:.

Ron

Hi Ron,

this is indeed fantastic news - and look on the bright side, if eventually you have to have the second coilling, you will have another years strength building inside you and you will be able to face it better. And yippee, you probably won't have to have it done at all. I know this is easier said than done Ron, but start planning positive things - try not to dwell on this, for you it is fast becoming history - they must be confident to have told you this and your progresss to date must be excellent!

I am really pleased for you. The great thing on here is that everyone has the shared experience even though our lives may be different and we are spread across the globe!!

I think, on reading this that you have much room for optimism and give hope to the rest of us still waaiting ofr improvements,

Good on ya lad!!

Best wishes

Macca

Hi Ron

Sorry, I missed this thread originally, but what fab news now! :biggrin:

You can carry on recovering and getting stronger week on week, and like Macca has said, IF you do need further coils you will be stronger and in a better place to deal with it.

Take care

Kel x

Good afternoon all, thank you for your kind words of encouragement,its funny how the good news seems to make me feel better for a few days then I slowly start to feel the way I was before I got the good news it's as if the good news seems to some how wear off:confused:.

Thanks again Ron:-D