Headaches...do they get better?

Hey Vicki

The way your headaches affect you is as individual as your recovery I'm afraid. My neuro told me that 1/3 will not have headaches any worse than they did before the SAH, 1/3 will suffer headaches for the rest of their lives and the other 1/3 maybe lucky enough to not have headaches at all. Clipping, I believe, can add to the possibility of headaches sometimes being worse, but I'm not an expert and was coiled.

Diet can have a lot to do with headaches too - too much cheese, chocolate or caffeine can add to them. I found that cutting out the artifical sweetner aspartame and asculfame cut my headaches dramatically. The obvious cause is dehydration so make sure you're still drinking at least 2 litres throught the day.

Welcome to the site by the way :wink:

Edited by donna79

Like Sami says everyone's recovery is different x x

I find I suffer with headaches more when I feel dizzy, tired or over done things x x

Hope you are feeling well and that the headaches ease for you very soon

donna

xxxxx

I was clipped & do get headaches still but nowhere near as bad as the sah pain. I tend to get sinus headaches when I'm too hot in bed & I am sensitive to pressure too. Most of my headaches are tiredness ones & paracetamol helps, sometimes I take ibuprofen too & use a steam cup to unblock my sinuses.

Once I woke up after the clipping the head pain had gone so that in itself was bliss!!

Hello all and thankyou for the feedback, I will definately stop using artificial sweetener! And thankyou for the welcome to this site, this site has been a blessing indeed. I have a thousand questions to ask you all, the doctors don't seem to be able to answer many of the questions I have, have you found this as well?

Before I found this site, I felt so alone and 'differerent' but to read the comments and the way you are all feeling makes a huge difference. Have any of you found it difficult keeping friendships since the sah? I lost my very best friend after 30 years of the closest friendship, I don't know why though, she seemed so angry at me for being sick?

Hiya Vicki,

Like Donna, I tend to get headaches when I've overdone things. From this site, I learned that drinking a couple of litres a day made a huge difference. A few weeks back, I discovered that I have diabetes insipidus which means my kidneys do not hold water (it's nothing to do with sugar intake). I was going to the loo literally every half hour or so and it was driving me nuts. I decided that I would cut the fluid intake and only drank when I felt slightly thirsty. It certainly helped the toilet issue, but the headaches were back within 2 days. I've decided that going to the loo at lot is better than not being able to think clearly or see straight!

Dawn x

I had a headache that was fairly constant for 10 months. It felt like a hangover. Bright lights, noises etc really annoyed.

The doc gave me a prescription that lowered my BP and my pulse. The headaches, for the most part are gone. One side effect though is fatigue, as if it wasnt there before :D.... I prefer fatigue to headache.

Fluid intake does help. As for artificial sweeetners, I am diabetic and I havent really noticed an issue with those, but that is just me.

Oh in my case there was no aneurysm. Just the headache.

Edited by bogbrush
circumventing word filter

Hi Vicki,

Welcome to the site. I appear to be going for the world record for headaches as I am now at 360 days straight (anniv in 5 days woo hoo). My headache when I left the hospital was an 8 and ranges from 4-8 throughout the day. It seems work makes it worse and by 5pm its full blown pain. I have pain medsthat help. I drink a ton of water, helps but doesnt cure. Even had a 9 headache last week. Thought it was an SAH. But it went away after a few minutes. Scared me though. Hope yours get better.

David

Good morning all, and thankyou so much for the feedback, wow what a relief (although I'm sorry it is happening to you guys) to hear that you do have the headaches. My neuro said he couldn't see any reason why I would have headaches as he had clipped it and made it all better. Now that just made me feel bad and more unusual than I normally feel!

The pain just does not go away, and I laughed my head off at your comment Mary (hope I have your name right as I can read something and then forget is immediately) at poking your eyes out with a fork because you are so right. This wonderful site has saved my sanity.