Website Project - We need your help .....

We are currently working on a new project for the homepage of the website, based on patients individual SAH experiences .... Keith, has worked hard on the format for the homepage and all we need now, is for some volunteers to participate.

I'm really hoping that most members will be kind enough to answer the questions below and allow us to use this information on the website. We would also like to include a small portrait photo of each individual where possible, but this is not obligatory.

We've discussed many of the subjects on the list before, but it would be great to collate this information and have it all in one place and more beneficial to anybody viewing the site for the first time.

If you would like to help us, please either post below or you can contact us via e-mail behindthegray@gmail.com

Please note that the information provided, may need to be edited by us, so don't worry too much about grammar etc.

Look forward to hearing from you .....

• Symptoms
    [/*:m:vnfwexkc]
  • Hospital experiences
  • Headaches
  • Fatigue
  • Emotional
  • Anxiety & Depression
  • Memory & concentration (short term effects)
  • Memory & concentration (long term effects)
  • Communication (speech)
  • Noise
  • Return to work
  • Driving
  • Exercise
  • Sex & pregnancy
  • Flying
  • Smoking & alcohol
  • Physical disability
  • Vision
  • Support groups
  • Family & friends

Hi Karen will be happy to take part but I wont have time to complete until end of next week as going away for the week tomorrow. Should also hopefully have a suitable picture then also as lost all my pictures when my computer crashed last year.

Janet

Thanks guys for your support .... :D As we all know, there's not too much info out there regarding SAH and I'm sure that this project will help anybody that has been affected by SAH....

Thanks for the responses.

Don't feel you have to respond to all of the topics, although the more the better. Even a short paragraph of your experiences on the things that have had the most impact would be very useful.

I personally, have received great support from you all, particularly during the early weeks and months of my recovery, and this project, with the help of your experiences could be of great benifit to others.

Hope to hear from you all soon.

Regards

Keith

Thanks Joan! :D

I'm still working on my own responses to the list ..... I never keep anything short and sweet .... I can alway remember one of my teachers writing the words "waffle" across my homework .... not just once, but several times. Yes, I'm scarred.... :lol:

How right he was though...... :lol:

• 1 month later...

Do you still need help with this? If so I'm willing to help.

What do I do, sorry? Do I copy the points over to pm and then put in my answers etc beneath them?

Please let me know and I'll do this asap.

Thanku

L x

Hi Linzi,

You should be able to get my e-mail address from the Memberlist above or Keith's aka Bogbrush? Just copy and paste the questions and respond ... Keith, bless him, is working on this project, but he's on hols at the minute, so there's no hurry for it.

Any problems, please feel free to e-mail me ...... I know that you've PM'd me, so will try to respond asap .... in the middle of doing 101 things and not getting too far today ...

in the middle of doing 101 things and not getting too far today ...

I know the feeling Karen lol!!

Thankyou for your reply and I'll get that done sometime in the near future.

L xx

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

Just a note to keep you all updated on the project for the website.

It's progressing very well and we've received a good response. I'm now at the stage where I'm starting to collate your experiences. If anyone else feels that they can help out and would like their experiences included in this, please could you send your submissions within the next couple of weeks so we can finalise the layout for the website. Contact details: behindthegray@gmail.com

As I've said before, don't feel you have to respond to all of the topics or go into any great detail. Any personal experiences which could benefit others will be useful. It would also be helpful to include your age, date of SAH and a photo if you wish. If you don't want personal information to appear on the site, your privacy will be respected.

Topics are repeated below:

• Symptoms[/*:m:2wucip9a]
  • Hospital experiences[/*:m:2wucip9a]
  • Headaches[/*:m:2wucip9a]
  • Fatigue[/*:m:2wucip9a]
  • Emotional[/*:m:2wucip9a]
  • Anxiety & Depression[/*:m:2wucip9a]
  • Memory & concentration (short term effects)[/*:m:2wucip9a]
  • Memory & concentration (long term effects)[/*:m:2wucip9a]
  • Communication (speech)[/*:m:2wucip9a]
  • Noise[/*:m:2wucip9a]
  • Return to work[/*:m:2wucip9a]
  • Driving[/*:m:2wucip9a]
  • Exercise[/*:m:2wucip9a]
  • Sex & pregnancy[/*:m:2wucip9a]
  • Flying[/*:m:2wucip9a]
  • Smoking & alcohol[/*:m:2wucip9a]
  • Physical disability[/*:m:2wucip9a]
  • Vision[/*:m:2wucip9a]
  • Support groups[/*:m:2wucip9a]
  • Family & friends[/*:m:2wucip9a]

Regards

Keith

• 1 month later...

Thank you for your responses. I am now in the process of getting this project ready for the website and it should be ready within the next couple of weeks. An announcement will be made when it goes live ... so watch this space :!:

Regards

Keith