stabbing pain in eye?

Looking for some information/understanding...

I have suddenly started getting a stabbing pain in left eye, over the past 2 weeks......

I suffered a Subarachnoid Haemorrhage 14 months ago, not to bad, seemed to recover well....

I still have lots of little issues, but not as bad as others.

But this eye thing is worrying.

I dont have a good doctor & get very emotional when asking for help.:confused:

Many thanks

I suggest that you go to your GP as there are many reasons why this can happen. There is a condition called iritis that can cause the same, also you could have a shingle in your eye. it If it is anything like that you will need treatment that is simple to administer and works quickly. It is too easy to blame the SAH for ensuing problems which may not be the case at all.

We cannot give medical advice so your only option is to see your doctor for a diagnosis.

You can ask whatever you want no need to leave group

However some things you need to ask your dr about and this is one of those things. Jess.xxx

Ps and penny is just pointing out that noone here is medically qualified to diagnose we can only offer advice

Hi,

I have had terrible stabbing pains from the back of my head thru my left eye. It comes and goes. The first time it was with me for about 2 weeks and then left. I went to see my neuro and we agreed to start Occipital Nerve Block shots. A series of three within three weeks. Not fun but they have helped me. Some people have to continue to take them within 6 or 9 months of the first three, but, I am not at that point. There seems to be a good success rate so time will tell.

Ask your doctor about it and see what he says.

I

Hello I'm Ok Really,

Welcome to BTG, please don't feel like you should leave the group.

I'd also advise that you make an appointment with your GP, it's best to get this checked out.

I had lots of pain behind my left eye in the run up to my SAH.

Please let us know how you get on.

Take care,

SarahLou Xx

Hi I am ok really,

A warm welcome to BTG :)

Eye pain is most unpleasant. Mine is nerve pain around my eye and side of face.

This has been an issue since my surgery, I was clipped.

Some Doctors are brilliant but not so good with bedside manner, perhaps you could call your surgery and ask to see another within the practice ?

Definitely get yourself checked out and let us know how you get on.

As Penny has said none of us are medically qualified, but we share our experiences and support each other.

Take care and let us know how you get on :-D

Hi & welcome!

I had my SAH 9/16/11 and I started a stabbing eye pain past summer to the point I saw my eye doctor several times and after my last mri in December I was told by Gp, Neurosurgeon and Neurologist it was something else so please continue getting it checked out. I wanted to just gouge my eye out for months, I found covering my eye when I am outside helps- with sunglasses that wrap a bit.

Good luck Mary