New member - Faymuss

Faymuss

Hi FayM

Quite a few on BTG have had 2, some just get it checked to make sure it hasn't got bigger.

It's better to keep an eye on it xx

Also my surgeon said we must never stress as stress is bad for us, the way I overcome this is by smiling and

singing,  laughter is a good medicine and I have a feeling you will be okay.

We are not allowed to give medical advice as we are not Doctors but anything you wish to share a worry or a

rant,  come here it helps us all so much.

I wish you well on your recovery and it's early days, so take it easy and any worries see your Doctor or ask when next up hospital.

Keep a smile at hand always xx

Love

Win xx xx I'll sing later lol  xx

• Like 1

Hi Fay

Can't help you much with aneurysms as mine was a NASAH (non-aneurysm SAH) with hydrocephalus. However there are plenty of people on BTG who will have a wealth of information and advice for you. You do seem fairly young at 27 but my brother had one at 14, he recovered fully!

Keep resting and drinking water, I am sure others will have more advice for you. Sorry not much help but keep strong!

Clare 

• Like 2

Thanks guys just all such a shock I haven't had a day off work in seven years now I'm having 3 months off I'm climbing the walls lol but being well looked after.

Just starting to come to terms with it emotionally which I'm assuming takes time.

I can not believe how much something could change your life so much in a positive way!

Thanks I'm finding it so comforting on here that I'm not the only one xxx

• Like 2

When I found this site, it had already helped my Daughter get through what was happening.

You will  be alright as getting over this is 2 step forward and 1 back.   

A time goes on you'll feel more confident.  I had my first Day without worrying about what ifs and it was a great Day xx

Slowly does it FayM xx you will get there eventually xx

Keep a smile at hand it helps xx

Love

Win xx

Hi

Like you I never had time off sick and the thought of 3 months scared me to death. However I am now nearly 6 months down the line and still struggling to get back full time. During my first 3 months I rested a lot but also tried to rebuild my physical fitness. I took walks and joined the local gym mainly for swimming.

I gradually built up what I was doing and after 3 months joined the C25k running group. (I was running when I had my bleed). I ran 5k three weeks ago and am now working towards 10k. The physical side is easier than the mental side, I can run but find work tough, mainly because I have to use my brain and it keeps telling me it doesn't want to play!

I will also say that having so long off work does give you time to think. I have decided to give up work one day a week as I can't ever see myself getting back and actually I don't know if I really want to, life is too short!

What was your job and did you work full-time?

Clare xx

• Like 3

I'm a senior dental nurse so I rushed around like mad before, work have been amazing I'm off with full pay and I go in and sit on reception a few mornings a week I'm not allowed to do anything but it's stimulation for my brain the agreement is when I want to go home I can do. Talking to patients about general life or booking another appointment makes me forget about my problem if I sit at home it's all I think about, I hope this goes with time?

I struggle with the what could of happened but I need to realise how lucky I am and your right I might think about part time life is to short. I can not wait to look back and a year has passed

Well done for doing 5k that's amazing I haven't done any fitness yet I'm on my 6th week so maybe I should think about it soon.

Fay x

• Like 1

Hi Fay,

Welcome to BTG :-)

I had my SAH this January also at the age of 27 - so you do have some company in that. It was a big shock for me too as all of a sudden life changes and at such a young age too - it is not something you ever expect to happen to you. Like you before this happened I was rushing around working full-time (I am a secondary school teacher and head of year) and then all of a sudden that stops and you have a lot of time off to think. I think you do stop thinking about it as much over time, although it is still quite a big thing in my life at the moment. I guess this is as I am still in the early stages of recovery and undergoing rehab.

I think for me one of my main difficulties was realising what the long-term impacts of this will be - something which I am still dealing with 6 months down the line. Although mine was not caused by an aneurysm I did find out that I do have an un-ruptured aneurysm in my brain. I guess the good thing to come of this is that now that will be monitored for life.

I have not returned to work yet, mainly due to the fact I sustained some cognitive damage and I am in rehab to help with that and my return to work. Well done for getting back into work and for starting the return to normality. Make sure you give yourself the time you need to recover. Like you I have thought that in the long-term a return to work part-time might be for the best so I can make the most of my time.

Take care,

Gemma xx

• Like 2

Hi Fay,

Welcome to BTG, it really is a marvellous site & will help you lots. Sorry to hear about your SAH but you're in good company here as we've all been through the same thing. I think Louise hit the nail on the head when she said that you need to be kind to yourself & cut yourself some slack. I had my SAH in Feb this year & one of the positives (of which, surprisingly, there are many) that have come out of my experience is that I have learnt to be much kinder to myself as well as to others.

Don't put too much pressure on yourself and rather than get disheartened about what you can't do, give yourself a pat on the back for the things that you can. It sounds as if you have very supportive employers which will be a big help to you.

Like you I have a second aneurysm discovered when the first one 'popped'. I had a scan last week and will see the consultant hopefully next month and find out what treatment lies ahead. Clipping, coiling or just monitoring seem to be the 3 options depending on the size, location of it. It is rather scary knowing there's another 'unexploded bomb' in your head isn't it but I'm determined not to let it dominate my thoughts & stop me from doing things.

Anyway, let us know how your treatment goes and good luck!

Love,
Jane x

• Like 2

Fay, welcome to the site, I guess we can call you and Gemma the young ones! I was 39 when I had my SAh and the sudden shell shock of understanding that after surviving all the initial interference, chaos, trauma that we had to submit to with the bleed is just the start and then comes realisation that nothing is or can be quite the same as before. But that doesn't mean bad. It just means different.

So that's the rub, finding a way to accept all the changes wrought, to regain as much as you can, maybe doing it differently at different pace but always striving, taking baby steps. Keeping hope. Exploring. Learning. But always interspersed with rests and kindness to self.

My SAH was in March and I finally went back to work May the following year. Like you a very intense and cognitive demanding job and to be honest I did four hours when I went back. I was wiped out. Then . I ramped up, slowly slowly. found it very hard, had lots of one step forward , two back but am now at a place which works for me, my employers and my family. A balance of what is realistic and also healthy for me right now. Maybe I'll do more hours in future, maybe not, but for now it's right for me. And you will find what's right for you too,

Take care and come here when you have worry or questions. We will try and help and always lend an ear.

Oh and I also have another anni which I get monitored. Try not to overthink that if you can, trust in them and, just get on with the business of healing

• Like 5

Warm welcome I had aneurysm SAH in January this year which was coiled. I am back to full time in a very busy and stressful job now, not going to tell you it has been easy because some days I get so tired and do struggle but I'm getting there! I had my 6 month check a few weeks back and aneurysm nearly occluded apart from tiny section, they will monitor for next year.

My sister has four aneurysm's all small and they have been monitoring for a year so far none are giving concern. Whilst 27 is very young there was a girl of 16 at my support group who had suffered SAH, hopefully your youth will help you in your recovery. It is hard not to focus on and worry about risk from aneurysm but probably you are a lot safer now with them being monitored.

I hope you get as much help, support and friendship from this site to help you on the journey ahead.
Regards
Sharon

• Like 2

Hi Fay,

I just recently joined BTG and the info support and comments are invaluable,. I am only a couple of weeks ahead of you , I had my SAH on the 31st may .

When I woke up a few days later I said to my hubby that I would be home by the end of the week and back to work the following week!

Big hahahaha!!!

I now realise you do need this time off just to rest and better rest. Got to give your brain a chance to heal. I would be lying if I said boredom didn't strike now and again but I am just glad to be here and enjoy the little things. Work can wait, the place isn't going to fall apart without little old me for a while!!

Good luck on your recovery.

Issy xx

• Like 3