Feeling crappy...

Well I had my SAH in Mar 07 and my headaches had disappeared totally by summer. I know I am blessed. But for the past two weeks I have had a headache and terrible fatigue. It is so bad that I am napping a couple of hours everyday and dug out my Tylenol 3s. My family doc just says that it is the way it will be but I am a little surprised that I didn't have headaches for so many months and now they are back. Anyone have any ideas?

Linda

I know that it dosn't sound very techinal but I find its the 'weather' during the summer months the days are longer brighter & lighter & if your lucky warmer. In the winter they're long, dark & cold I find the winter the worst.

Recently I had to go to the hospital I had a viral infection the nurse asked me to sum up how I was feeling 'crappy' :roll:

Take care hope you start feeling chirpier soon swings & roundabouts....

sending hugs

Louise.xx

Hey Linda

Yep had the same thing myself - went for ages and ages without a headache and then they came back with a vengeance!!! Not too bad now though - they will come and go. I try to look at it as "Well I used to get headaches before the SAH". I still have the odd one now if I'm tired or over done it - so try and monitor your headaches - have you had a decent nights sleep, have you been exerting yourself a little too much.

my favourite saying - it's a long road to recovery and you can make as many pit stops as you like along the way.

TTFN

Sami xxx

Linda- yeah same for me. I had m SAH in september 2006, the headaches got gradually better but I was still getting them occassionally. Although in November 2007, I have had really bad headaches, fatigue and many other symptoms and am still off work now. I am now waiting a scan but have been told by my doctor that if it comes back fine we will just have to keep trying different headaches treatments until we find the best one to help with the symptoms that could possibly never go away.

Laura

xx

Hi Linda

I never suffered with too many headaches prior to my SAH but have found since that even when I don't have actual headaches I always have a vice like grip feeling on the left side of my head.

Like Louise I think the weather has a lot to do with the severity of headaches I suffer from. I found the humid weather in summer caused really severe headaches and the same is proving true of the extreme cold this winter.

Janet x

Hi

I'm just 2 years post coiling for SAH and I have had long periods with no headaches or fatigue and then all of a sudden they return so you are definitely not on your own.

At preseny my fatigue is back and also slight headaches so taking it easy.

Cheers

John

Well I went back to my doc yesterday still complaining of my head pain and he is sending me for an MRI. Not sure what too expect since I still have one piece of my annie left in my head. Although I am sure it is not the same pain as my bleed was. I will keep you posted of results which I am sure will be fine. Just make the pain stop. And no, he didn't give me anything. I have some Tylenol and T3s left over from my surgery.

I know we aren't supposed to chat about drugs, but I will be speaking with my doc. Any guidance on what you have taken that works would be great. I am also curious about any side effects. The SAH is just as new to my doc as it is me. Remember most of his patients with SAH don't live to ask for pain meds.

Linda

Hi Linda I went just over a whole yr with the odd headache then they were back headaches tiredness vice like grips dizzyness my ns said if you forget about them (not turn them into something there not)not saying you r, they will go away and he was right still get it all but don't need painkillers anymore because i'm not worrying they aren't getting worse. Jess