How did you celebrate 1 year?

So I am thinking of what I will be doing on Mar 13 to celebrate my 1 year post SAH. Kinda of a birthday don't ya think?

I was thinking of getting a tatoo and of course having sex with my hubby. (Since that was what brought it on in the first place.) What did you do?

When I got to the one year anniversary, Eric and I, along with my daughter had a day out to mark the event ....... We visited, a place called Seaton, which is a seaside town near Devon in the UK ...... it was one of the hottest days of the summer and it was so hot, that we could barely walk for longer than a few minutes. Anyway, we found a nice old English pub, which was lovely and cool and retreated inside for a few cold beers ..... it was certainly a good day to reflect on what had happened in the past year and be thankful for getting to that point.

I also marked the occasion of my 2nd anniversary .... Eric took the day off and we had a meal out ..... and have no doubt that I'll do the same for my third one......God willing! :)

It certainly is like a birthday and just as important in my books ....

For my 1st anniversary in November took the day off work to spend with Morris then went to our favorite Italian restaurant fora meal in the evening.

Morris marked the occassion by buying me a lovely silver necklace and bracelet set it made the day that little bit special and like Karen I will certainly be celebrating the occassion every year.

To me it is a much more special event than my birthday cos without the emergency surgery I might not have been here.

Janet x

I'm not really too sure what day to celebrate, the day that I was operated on or the day that I thought the SAH occured (friday). Simon has just reminded me that I had a headache and was sick on the Thursday! I felt ok on the Friday daytime though so now am even more confused- how strange that has come up 18 months later!!!

I didn't celebrate at all, the strange thing was that my consultant told me if I could get past 12 months without many problems, then I would be ok. So I sat there all weekend hoping and praying and then saying yes, thats the 12 months, I'm going to be ok! Now we know different- more symptoms now then when I came out of hospital!!!

Will probably celebrate this year and go out for a meal to our favourite restaurant, just like on our wedding anniversary in June!

Laura

xx

Laura

I actually celebrate the day of my operation not the first day I was ill. I don't think I could bear to go out then as it was the 2nd of November and I still hate the noise of fireworks after flinching in pain whenever one went off between the 2nd and 4th of November. Also the biggest bleed I had was on on the morning of the operation I think before that between the 2nd and the 10th I just had several small leaks.

Janet x

I've always been greedy, recognise the missed one in Sept then the one on Halloween. :D

I can't remember what I did, I remember being really wound up coming up to the dates but now haven't a clue!! I always recommend raising a nice glass of red.

Have a great time whatever you do.

Aine x

Hi there

For my first anniversary we went to Penzance to visit friends and celebrated with them at a pub that night with the kids. My SAH happened when I was on holiday in Devon so we thought we'd kind of revisit the scene of the crime :wink: a bit further down but still.

Also intend to celebrate it every year - another that I've survived basically.

TTFN

Sami

Hi everyone,

wasn't feeling like posting today but hey!! what a lovely thread.

The 1st anniversary of my SAH was new years eve, it had been a happy yet sad Christmas time with my precious dad and uncle passing away so shortly after the previous christmas.

So, I decided to have what I called my thanksgiving day,........I loved it....all of my family......a few close friends....we celebrated me being alive! Had a real open house, it was just going to be in the afternoon but went on longer and longer........it was ace, some nice little touches to it were, my eldest son Rich, he does some lovely carving, carved me a pendant, its the symbol that means "TO LIVE". Our Shell, walked into my bedroom when she got here, I was on my comp. on behind the gray and she said "mom, do you have a guest book on there, if so could you show me where it is, i'd like to look at it, so I go to our guest book and there is a loveley message, that she had already left for me!! Bless...she also bought me a bottle of champagne that was called Anniversary! Its on my kitchen window sill with a very posh crystal stopper in it from Matt.

She got all the kids to say something about me and they wrote it down, very very special......very special remarks from my grandkids,very touching and also very funny, the one from Isabella aged 5 was "my nan loves crying!!!!" now what that means I don't know, I hope she meant with laughter. I have a photo of my John, spark out by 10.30.........what a lovely lovely day, one that has set a precedent for future years!!!

Your right folks, it is more like a birthday, well, in fact more special than a birthdayt

Love to you all,

Suexx

Hi all,

I was 8months pregnant on my first anniversary in 03 and on my5th anniversary i was 3 days off having my second child so there was two i couldn't really celebrate for, but i don't really celebrate it as i am just grateful to be here and to have my wonderful kids and husband. Jess

PS i think i may do this year though don't know what i shall do as yet but i will celebrate