Hi from Chicago Il

Guest sarabeal

Guest sarabeal

I just found this site! I had a SAH in Dec. I just turned 28-I was 27 when this happen so I was not expecting it at all!! My aneurysm ruptured on Dec. 11th. My boyfriend to me to the ER-I thought I just had a migriane but he made me go, but they did a CT scan and sent me home saying I was fine. Then the next morning I got a call saying that they had reviewed the CT scan and found something strange. I went back in and was then admitted to hospital (a different one!) On the 13th my aneurysm was clipped. The surgery took 3 extra hours because it ruptured again during surgery. I was in ICU for 18 days, but I have been very lucky. I am starting to work again, very short hours, and I don't seem to have any serious problems. It just feels like it is taking forever to recover from this. It is so hard to do the stuff that used to be really easy. I am a violist and I still haven't really been able to practice. That is one of the worst things. It was good to find this site and see that other people have been going through the same kinds of things. Good luck to you all!

Sara

Hi Sara Welome to BTG. It is still very early days for you so I wouldn't worry to much. I was 23 when mine ruptured I have had two clips one on the one that went and one on the other b4 it had chance too. I have had two children since so see it will get easier. You are well on the way in your recovery being back at work. Welcome again. Jess.xxx

A warm welcome to you Sara :)

You are doing very well to be working a bit already, well done you :) So young... I do feel for you. But as Jess says it is very early days, just keep doing what you are doing :) My SAH happened about the same time, 3rd Dec, because of complications and the bleed, they could not operate until the 17th Dec. I had seven hours invasive surgery, and was clipped same as you and have a metal plate and screws. They went in on the right hand side of my head, they had to remove my cheek bone because my annie was at the stem, right in the middle, and clipped the nerve to my eye back for over half an hour, caused them alsorts of problems.....but miricle workers they are :D I had 28 staples from the top of my head to down in front of my ear. I am very lucky, my hair covers most of it. I still have problems with my eyes, my right eye brow appears to be dead...I can only be half surprised :lol: balance and ear, short term memory and the dreaded tiredness :) But nothing serious like you, and nothing that hopefully wont repair with time :)

I really hope you can get back to practising properly, but things do take time, as you have found, but you have done so well. Glad you found this web site, I cant tell you how much it has helped me, with all the information and all the friends I have made, giving me support and just knowing how you feel and that you are not going mad, means so much.

Take care, look after yourself, remember to rest!

Love Tinaxx

Welcome Sara,

I was 27 too when my SAH happened, that was 19 months ago now. Sometimes I still find it really difficult with tiredness and headaches etc so you are doing wonderfully well to be back at work and recovering so quickly.

Welcome to this fab site where lots of us will give as much advice/ support as you want!

Take care

By the way, is Chicago on the route 66? If it is we night be visiting you next year?

Laura

xx

Guest sarabeal

Thank you all for replying. It means so much to hear from other people who have gone through similar situations. I have been managing to do a lot on my own, but this past Wednesday I felt like I did months ago, and it was really upsetting. It has only been about six months since my clipping (it still seems unreal that I have two clips in my head) so I guess that it is normal to still have so much trouble with things. It just makes me feel so much better to hear from all of you :D Before this site I couldn't find anything that seemed like what I was going through.

And Chicago is on Rt. 66...it is actually one end of the old rt that went from here to LA :)

Sara

Hi Sarah

A very warm welcome to you. Like tina and yourself I was also clipped I 'm 18 months post surgery/bleed and have been back at work since last June. Sadly I haven't been able to get back to full time as yet.

Its nice to hear that you are doing so well its also very normal to have set backs especially if you overdo things too much. Just remeber to take things easy and rest when you're body tells you it needs it.

Look forward to hearing more from you.

Janet x

Welcome, Sarah,

You will find this site very friendly, and we all need that after what we have all been through. You will make some special friends on here, we, laugh, and cry together, ha! :D

Oh! and we like a good old chin wag too. :lol:

I know personally that I would not be on so far with my recovery if it were not for my friends on here. I'ts good to share things with each other, rather than keeping it to yourself. Problem shared and all that.....

You've done really well with your recovery, but do take care not to do too much.

My sister stayed in Santa Monica, L.A. for ten years. We visited four times, and I loved it over there. Also been to San Francisco, and Las Vegas. You have a beautiful country, I wish you well, and pop in often.

H xxx

Hi Sara,

It must be very, very difficult not be able to play at the moment, I'm a music teacher and only really get a chance to play when I'm gigging with the band, and I find that very frustrating. Maybe, when you feel a little better you might try an electro/acoustic violin with just the frame - the sound won't be loud at all and it'll keep your technique going. Just a thought...

Take care...

Phil

xxx

I wasn't able to play for some time after SAH. When I did eventually get back on the keyboard, I found it very hard, but I had so much time on my hands, being off work, that I soon got back to my usual level of mediocrity.

Phil, what do you play?

Regards

Keith

I play guitar, bass, drums, keys, and I sing. On the keys, I'm really just a chord basher with the odd fill because I have to sing at the same time. I think it's known as 'jack of all trades, master of none' or 'cack at all trades, master of mediocrity'!!

Phil

xxx

Guest sarabeal

Thank you for sharing about how it was for you to play after the aneurysm and ideas for what I might do. I play viola-I got my masters degree in performance and just moved to Chicago last Aug to study with my teacher who is in the Chicago Symphony. I can still do a little, but it is really hard to concentrate on it, and it just makes me feel even weired than I normally do :) I also scared myself a lot last week. I have been doing better, but then last Wed. it got bad again. I had a headache on the right side of my head--right where my aneurysm ruptured, and I was having a really hard time doing anything. On thurs it seemed a bit better, but then on Fri. all of a sudden I felt really really dizzy and had the same headache on the right side of my head. I though that I was ok, but it was so bad that I ended up having my boyfriend come home and take me to the doctor. I had another CT scan and everything was fine, but it was terrifiying to feel like that. I have had headaches other than that one, but for some reason this one just made me feel awful. I do feel better though, just knowing that everything is still ok inside my head. And tomorrow I go back to my neurosurgeon for a follow up. It just feels like a lot to deal with everyday and it is already helping a lot that I have found this group of people to talk to :D Thank you

Sara

Hey Sara

Warm welcome to the site, sorry I'm after everyone else been having computer troubles :roll:

Your very early in your recovery your brain is still healing but it gets better, really it does, sometimes when you feel a bit ok you do too much then suffer for it, gosh been there lots.......

Take care

Louise.x

Hi Sara

Welcome to the family. This is a great site and has been a god send to me. I'm 22 months in now and physically I'm fine but I still get the odd headache - but then I did before so I try not to dwell on it too much but at times, it's easier said than done :roll:

I always say this, so I'll say it again - it's a long road to recovery but you are allowed to make as many pit stops as you like along the way. Take it easy, don't rush things and listen to your body - it'll tell you when you've done too much - also drinking plenty of water helps keep the brain hydrated and this helps a lot.

Take care and speak to you soon.

TTFN

Sami xxx