SAH Survivor Need to know please

September 2002 and I had two aneurysms both clipped xxx

And in the first few months I experienced no pain no anxiety because I fell pregnant and everything I had went into that but then I had him and everything changed crippling anxiety headaches dizziness and nausea (which I still get now but no where near as frequent) xxx

Everybody is different no two sah and recovery are the same there maybe similarities but that's all xxx

Now drink plenty of water and try not to stress relax and do something everyday that makes you happy xxx

• Like 2

November 1999 clipped and sealed with platiumn also have a shunt in my head, was left with a bug in my brain which develoved into Meningitis so when that reared its head had to also have a drain put in....

Sorry I cant tell you about the first few months..

Jess, is correct everyone of us is different everyone has different SAH's and recovereies..

Keeping stressfress as much as possible (not always easy I know) keep well hydrated....

• Like 1

Do not remember anything Amanda until shunt was fitted and then I awoke from cuckooland.

I was coiled had complications that knocked me for 6 and luckily I remember nothing  !! 

Was a worrying time for Family but I was chasing my Mum who died in 1976 xx

Glad I had support from my Family xxxx then I found BTG (well Daughter did) it helped her while I was ill and now it has helped me  xx

Be Well 

Win  xx

• Like 1

Had my SAH June 2014, had 1 ruptured aneurysm and they found another, had both coiled.

Suffered with weakness in my left leg afterwards also a lot of back and leg pain was told this was due to blood dissipating down through spinal fluid,

I also had a lot of headaches, dizziness and balance issues.

Things do improve as time goes on, but as the others have said everyones recovery is different.

If I was to give you some advice it would be this.

Make sure you stay well hydrated it really does help a lot.

Try to avoid stressful situations if possible.

Be kind to yourself, your brain and body have suffered trauma they need time to recover.

Also have a good look around BTG there is a wealth of information here that will help you along the recovery road, 

Take care

Love 

Michelle xx 

• Like 2

25th August 2006 - 2 aneurysms - one ruptured, both coiled.

No physical effects other than fatigue for the first year.  Anxiety and depression within the first three months and had counselling. 

We are all different with respect to location of bleed/aneurysm and the grade of bleed besides our own ages and physical condition at the time.  All of these factors will have an impact on your recovery, lasting effects etc.

Listen to your body, drink plenty of water and rest as much as possible.  

• Like 1

Feb 2014. It wasn't aneurysm they had no answer as to why it happened. So I had no procedure done and had to wait it out. Afterwards had fatigue and headaches then in April 2015 fell on the back of my head same spot and headaches exploded to a very high scale. Then came the memory loss and speech issues but seem to be better now and still have headaches. I found that lots of rest , water and eating throughout the day headaches are less 

• Like 2